Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSA
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Multiple BT ID's in household

Go to solution

Hi,

Can someone please confirm the process for multiple viewers of BT Sport within a household.

I had assumed that as with BT SmartTalk that each user would use their own ID to view online or via the app.

However logging in to the app with an additional ID suggests that it is not set up for BT Sports and that I should review settings in MyBT.  BT Sport does not show in MyBT for this ID, although presumably it will for the primary account ID.

Do all logins need to be made using this "Primary" ID, or can additional ID's be "attached" to it as with SmartTalk?  Not really ideal to give out login and password details to each member of the household to enable viewing.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
phealy001
Beginner
Message 2 of 22

Re: Multiple BT ID's in household

Go to solution
From what I understand, you can use 2 devices simultaneously using the account holder login details. You are not restricted to the number of devices the app can be installed.
DSA
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Could BT please confirm that the primary account holder details must be used for each user?

Why can multiple ID's not be linked together as with SmartTalk?  If not then full online account access would be given to all members of the household which is not ideal at all.  This can't be avoided as I understand that you have to log in each time you wish to view online, and the person viewing will not necessarily be the account holder!

Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

Hi DSA

Phealy001 is correct, you need to be logged in under the primary account holder ID to watch.  Maximum of two streaming devices.

I am afraid that we are not offering linked accounts at the moment. 

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Flambert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Surely this has to be a significant flaw in the streaming service as it currently stands?

If my son wants to watch BT sports via my HomeHub, I do not wish to have to go and log in for him on his PC each time and I would not wish to breach my own security by giving him my password.

0 Ratings
Alyup
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

I agree this is a serious flaw.

We are constantly through every other media being encouraged not to breach our own security by sharing passwords but this system is set up to encourage just that poor behaviour. Very Poor Governance.

It is completely unreasonable to expect the ' Account holder' to always be available to log others in !

I was assured by customer services that sub accounts could be created for up to 5 additioanl users within a household. Clearly this was untrue.

When will this be rectified?

0 Ratings
Alyup
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Hello Craig - I was specifically assured by customer services that sub accounts could be created for up to 5 additioanl users within a household. Clearly this was untrue.

When will this be rectified? Using one log in that gives whoever is using it access to the Account holders informtaion is simply not practical nor safe practice to be promoting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
johncorker
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Totally agree, you shouldn't have to share the primary users password with others in your household that want to watch the sport.  Please think again about this.

0 Ratings
paultnl
Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Why is this marked as solved? The issue is still there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution
The solution is this: Phealy001 is correct, you need to be logged in under the primary account holder ID to watch. Maximum of two streaming devices.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings