cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 29

Re: Music channels disappeared

@Rippedoff1 Now 70s is a freeview channel & not an internet one so isn't guaranteed by BT

0 Ratings
Rippedoff1
Beginner
Message 22 of 29

It's not on my freeview listings
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 29

I'd maybe check & see what channels it says you should get here https://www.freeview.co.uk/check-channels-home In any case it's not provided by the internet so you don't need any specific BT package to get it & according to wikipedia (maybe not the best source) it's only available on freeview in Mamchester - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_70s so looks like it's the channel owners decisiion

0 Ratings
mrn1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

My favourite advice would be: "Switch to YouTube, you can watch music videos in there".

If that's the thing to go by they should also close down all the radio stations playing music. As people can listen via streaming services...

So NO, music television is a different experience to YouTube, alright?

0 Ratings
Rippedoff1
Beginner
Message 25 of 29

I don't have a Smart TV so utube isn't an option.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 29

Now 70's and 90's are available on Channelbox 271. It's very hit and miss whether you can access it. The Youview box won't, but if you have a Smart TV you may be lucky. We have 2 Sony's, one will one won't. You get the idea.

0 Ratings
mrn1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 29

I've contacted the Channelbox guys recently and apparently they are just about to roll out their service on Freeview Play!

0 Ratings
Rippedoff1
Beginner
Message 28 of 29

Brilliant. But how do you get that?!
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 29

Channel 271 on a supported Freeview device connected to the internet. The channels are delivered over IP, just like the BT Sport/NOW TV channels. 

YouView/BT TV is not a Freeview Play device, even though most of the functionality is similar. Some channels are even in HD, but no NOW80s currently, at least on my TV:

ChannelboxChannelbox

0 Ratings