cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

My5 app

Why is it that I can find a channel 5 programme via the My5 app for android and successfully play it via the smartphone, but it is not available via the apps--> My5 via BT-TV menu on the actual television?

Attached image when I perform a search via the My5 BT-TV app via the television. 

_20191203_012150.JPG

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Andy005
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: My5 app

Hi @sea2dog 

I know in the past that the BBC iPlayer did the same, differing content depending upon the device, but I don't think it happens now, not that I've found anyway.

What's the programme you're looking for?

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

@Andy005

Hi Andy

The programme that I couldn't find via the My5 app via the TELEVISION was Stanley Baxter's best Bits... And More.

I found it easily on the My5 app for android though. 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Expert
Message 4 of 9

It's available via the app on my iPad but like you, not on my BT box. It's not available through the My5 app on my Samsung TV either.

If I search for 'Stan' I get 4 results on my iPad, of which Stanley Baxter is one. The same search on my BT box and TV also gives 4 results but doesn't include Stanley Baxter. So there are some programmes included in the app on my iPad that aren't available through the BT box/TV and vice versa. As I said this used to happen with the BBC iPlayer so it doesn't surprise me, catch-up / on demand can often be a bit hit and miss.

It's all down to C5 though as far as I can tell, rather than BT.

sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

@Andy005
Hello again and thank you for your replies.
Yes, my partner tells me that she can watch stuff on her kindle and other stuff she can't.
You'd think though that if it's available on the My5 server it would be available to everything that is connected to My5, ah well, at least I was able to watch it using phone via Chromecast to TV with excellent quality.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Probably best to contact My5 direct for info about a specific show

In their help pages they do state

• Sometimes we cannot offer the same shows on every app or device due to rights restrictions

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200809971-Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-want-to-watch-

sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Thanks @zulu17
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

This is one reason why it is useful to have an inexpensive Chromecast dongle and cast from your smartphone rather than firing up the Youview box. Applies to all streaming services not just My5.
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

@gomezz
Cheers.
0 Ratings