cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Marcin71LFC
Message 1 of 7

NBA and UFC gone???????

Is anyone else gutted about BT walking away from rights to NBA and UFC??? I'm big fun of both and I'm extremely disappointed with that news! “It’s like a big football club in the transfer window. If a striker is worth £50m I won’t pay £70m for him,”?? Dear Marc A. My impression was that BT is a major player in the uk sport tv market, as You said " It's like a big football club", sometimes big football club needs to pay over the odds for a player to still be considered big club! To compete with big boys! I was a big fun of BT SPORT as it was offering great alternative to SKY SPORTS. Unfortunately with the loss of NBA and UFC rights in my opinion it's no longer a major player in the UK. Thanks to great variety of sports showed on BT platform I become a broadband, phone, mobile and tv customer. I will be definitely walking away from all my BT package as soon as my contracts run out. In my opinion Marc A. undervalued and underestimate popularity of both sports in the uk, and hopefully live to see what a big mistake it was! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
sasij
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: NBA and UFC gone???????

Yup, it's a joke to be quite honest. They've also got rid of Serie A since they put all their eggs in the champions league basket. I imagine a large amount of people will walk away unless they change the pricing structure or bring back the good stuff.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 7

If this report is correct link to article BT Sports may not have much rights left!

Stew

0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Where do I stand when UFC goes. I still have 18 month left on my TV contract. Will I be able to cancel?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I personally don’t think you could cancel. I would imagine BT stance to be that you signed up for BT Sports and BT Sports is what you still have.

You could of course try with the Options Team or Complaints and see if the outcome is different.

Stew

0 Ratings
MonsterMash
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

@Marcin71LFCwrote:

Is anyone else gutted about BT walking away from rights to NBA and UFC??? I'm big fun of both and I'm extremely disappointed with that news! “It’s like a big football club in the transfer window. If a striker is worth £50m I won’t pay £70m for him,”?? Dear Marc A. My impression was that BT is a major player in the uk sport tv market, as You said " It's like a big football club", sometimes big football club needs to pay over the odds for a player to still be considered big club! To compete with big boys! I was a big fun of BT SPORT as it was offering great alternative to SKY SPORTS. Unfortunately with the loss of NBA and UFC rights in my opinion it's no longer a major player in the UK. Thanks to great variety of sports showed on BT platform I become a broadband, phone, mobile and tv customer. I will be definitely walking away from all my BT package as soon as my contracts run out. In my opinion Marc A. undervalued and underestimate popularity of both sports in the uk, and hopefully live to see what a big mistake it was! 

I share your pain!  Yet again BT are spending the big bucks on football rights and they are showing discontent to fans of other, less popular sports.  I get what Mr Alera is saying with value for money but I would like to see him exercise the same restraints when deciding on how much more money to pump into football rights, I wonder does he believe the money BT has paid in football rights has translated into value for money?  I doubt it

I believe we will at least get to see McGregor Vrs Nurmagomedov fight but from sometime in December its gone.  We will have to wait and see what deals, Eleven Sports, has to offer.  Hopefully the numbered cards don't move into the realm of pay per view as I have read a few articles which state some of those cards could be offerd on Sky Sports Box office or even BT's new box office channel.  I guess we have been somewhat spoiled in the last 5+ years in terms of not having to pay for single fight cards like I believe they do in the States.  I would much prefer a reasonable monthly subscription as to a £20 pop or whatever they may charge per numbered event.

To me it seems that this decision is short sighted although maybe I am being selfishly bias because I love the world of MMA and have enjoyed watching this content on BT Sport, like you, it is the reason I choose BT as a supplier.

Marc's analogy hits home with me as its the very same thing Mr Woodward told Jose Mourniho, and whether Ed, was right or not, its not playing out to well for United, is it?

Cheers Monster

0 Ratings
Thom77
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Check out this story on A516digital.......... UFC Rights coming back to BT Sport???????

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/12/eleven-sports-uk-on-brink-after-failure.html

Interesting reading.

0 Ratings