Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpgould64
Beginner
Message 161 of 194

Re: NOW TV Activation

Hi Team,

I signed up to BT end of Aug for BT TV which included the NOW TV Entertainment Pass, and thought NOW TV was instant access but family have said they cannot access. I have checked and the link was in My BT to activate the password, but have same issue as everyone else in that it doesn't recognise my email address. I had Sky and closed this in Jan this year,I have been with BT since year dot and email address was the same. I recently opened a Gmail email account and tried this one also but no joy. No matter which email address I enter it doesn't like it. Can you provide the same advice on how to resolve?

0 Ratings
Msansom99
Beginner
Message 162 of 194

Hello I don’t have any email to activate the now tv. On my guide it says I need to add this package to watch the channels even though I have an order email of NOW TV.
0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 163 of 194

Hi @kpgould64,@sansom99

Sorry to hear you are both having problems with NOWTV on BTTV.

Would you be able to give us a call on 0800 800 150 so that we can take a look at the account to see what is causing the problem?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
clarereilly
Beginner
Message 164 of 194

I cannot activate my now tv account either as I have a sky email address. BT are telling mw to contact Now tv

If I was told on acitivation  not to use my sky email address then I wouldnt

0 Ratings
DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 165 of 194

Hi @clarereilly 

I assume you followed the guidance in the BT email;

If you're new to NOW TV, you'll need to "create or set a password"

If you did, what happens when you do this?

0 Ratings
clarereilly
Beginner
Message 166 of 194

I clicked on the activation link that BT sent me 

I put in my sky email address and it just takes me to the help pages and will not let me activate the link at all or create a password 

I escalated it to BT who say to contact now tv. There are NO contacts to reach now tv. The chat does not work . Bt tell me they cannot change my email to a non sky one and I have no way of getting in touch with now tv

According to Bt community this is a major issue when signing up to Bt tv with a sky email  as now tv won’t accept a sky email for some reason 

0 Ratings
DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 167 of 194

Hi @clarereilly 

Thanks for the info, I was able to see exactly what you are seeing which is a shame because this should be working!

There used to be a fundamental problem when signing up using @sky.com email addresses but we did fix that particular issue. This seems to be something different and perhaps not related to @sky.com at all but your account creation in general with NOW TV.

I will work directly with Sky to understand what has caused this issue so please bear with me, I would also suggest not to engage with anyone else from BT, if you need anything please let me know.

BT can indeed change your email address but we would try to hold off on that whilst we work with Sky to understand what the exact problem is with your account.

0 Ratings
clarereilly
Beginner
Message 168 of 194

Thank you

0 Ratings
DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 169 of 194

Hi @clarereilly 

Well, it turns out that Sky do still have a problem with 'some' but not all @sky.com addresses.

I'm chasing for an expected fix date so that I can better manage some customers expectations.

If you can please send me a private message with a different email address, we'll swap it over and get it up and running ASAP!

0 Ratings
Helen20
Beginner
Message 170 of 194

Hello, I didn't set up the Now TV access earlier this year but would like to do so now.  I am still having issues with my sky.com email address - could you help me with this please? Many thanks.

0 Ratings