cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

NOW TV Streaming Issue

Go to solution

I have tried to get this resolved with BT and have failed so far (the last interaction I thought had resolved the issue but hadn't ) ......

The BT TV  service has a YouView box and this has a NOW TV app. This seems to work and I am able to stream programmes; however if I am watching NOW TV on this BT Box (or any other device such as an Android Mobile Phone) then an attempt to stream on the other device comes up with an error message stating that there are too many streaming attempts.  

If I go on MyBT / BT TV it allows me to manage my NOW TV via a portal. This also tells me that I am allowed 2 simultaneous devices. BUT if I go on the NOW TV web page / My Account it tells me I am only allowed 1 device.

What is correct????

The BT Support guy deleted all my devices, and this seemed to work until after a few minutes the extra devices (a daughter's TV and an Android Phone,  etc) had re-registered  and again only 1 device was allowed to stream.

Why is there a difference between BT and NOW in terms of accounts ?

Any help would be appreciated because the BT Help hasn't helped so far.

TIA

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: NOW TV Streaming Issue

Go to solution

"Want to watch on more than one device at a time?
Add Boost for just £5pm extra and you can stream on 3 devices at once – otherwise, it’s just one. Head to NOW Membership to upgrade. Find out more about Boost"

Ref: Devices (nowtv.com)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If you go to BT TV / Manage NOWTV it shows your devices that have accessed NOWTV and also the message which I have screen captured here ... as  you can see it says '2 at the same time'

Am I mis-understanding the statement?

Screenshot Now TV via BT portal.png 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @blinkinhek 

NOW changed their membership terms a while ago. 

Currently their terms are 

BT customers can watch on 2 devices at once (as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order), or 3 if you have NOW Boost. If you're watching on a BT TV Box, to watch on 2 devices at once you'll need to leave the NOW channels and start watching on the NOW app. You can then return and watch NOW on your BT TV Box as well. You can watch live on your BT TV Box, and live or On Demand via the NOW app.

source  BT Customer Support (nowtv.com)  (expand the managing your device on that page.)

see also 

Managing My Devices (nowtv.com)

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Maybe BT haven't updated their pages to reflect the current Now terms? The reference to six devices & swapping them would seem to support that. You can no longer manage Now devices, they manage themselves by automatically disabling the oldest as new devices are added.

You may be able to watch two devices by using the EPG on the BT box to watch one & another on the app. But that's just speculation.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Apologies if I am being stupid ... I am not sure I understand 'the correct sequence' ... is it telling me that to stream on 2 devices I first stream using the NOWTV App on the BT TV Box, and then get a second device streaming (an Android TV NOWTV App for example) ? cheers
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

No, it's saying you need to stream one instance through an app & the second instance must be via the TV box EPG as I alluded to.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
BT are obviously very poor at communication - a little worrying considering their core business. I accept reluctantly what you are saying but also refer you to the image of the BT statement I posted above.
cheers
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I'm not in any way defending them. The web site is a mess of partial information with apparently no road map of which parts link to others. So when one piece changes it isn't necessarily reflected across the site. As I said previously, your screen shot is almost certainly based on the old NowTV limts whereas @zulu17 has found the current limits.

BT have always been dreadful at all forms of comms. Even when telephony was the core business they pretty much invented the "We're experiencing exceptionally high call volumes" mantra to cover the simple fact they didn't have enough staff to answer the phone.

0 Ratings