cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Netflix activation

Go to solution

I signed up for a new BT TV package with a good deal on Netflix.  I have been told to await a Netflix activation email which will allow me to link my existing Netflix sign on with my BT account.  The email has neve arrived and twice now BT have then canceled the order, told me to wait 24 hours for email and twice it has not arrived.  I have also been given this link www.bt.com/bttv/netflix but when i press 'get started' i get an error message.  Current Bt cust services operator is telling me jusy to cancel and deal with Netflix direct!!! anyone here help?

JohnC2_1-1641639599321.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Netflix activation

Go to solution

Hi ssduff1, I am having exactly the same issue as you. I joined signed up for the Netflix deal, and see the same error when i run the link too. Netflix tell me that the problem is with BT. I have also noticed Netflix has taken a payment from my credit card.  When I receive my next bill from BT I will phone them again. Very frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

That’s shocking. I have spent 20 hours this week on to various BT departments all blaming each other. Really disgraceful. Sky here I come. Good luck amd thanks for replying. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi SSDUF1,

Thought you might like to know, I spoke to someone on the BT retention team. Apparently BT were aware of the issues that we were having with Netflix / BT.  So they have created a "New BT Entertainment" package which includes the setup of Netflix.  (This is different to the current Entertainment package which did not).  It is a few pounds more. I have asked them to set me up on this "new" package and should receive confirmation in 24 hours.  It looks promising.

(This option is so new it has not yet been cascaded to all BT support yet).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

That makes perfect sense. I didn’t get it as part of a package. Just an add on. Today they have cancelled and refunded me as I was not prepared  to devote any more time with yet another cust service agent repeating what the ten agents who went before  had tried. Thanks for sharing. Going to deal with Netflix direct from here on in. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Good to get a heads up on possible Netflix issues - It was the only area I was concerned about when renewing my VIP Package - I will try and speak to Netflix to try and head off being billed for their Premium package by both BT and Netflix !!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Good luck.  I have had to cancel my Netflix add on but earlier reply indicated less problems if you buy an ‘integrated’ package.  /although the help section on BT.com says any new sign ups after 12th November 2021 have to be cancelled direct Woth Netflix and not via BT, to ensure no double charges.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I currently have Netflix Premium for 4K and extra screens so I added the £4 to my BT VIP renewal order which covers the difference between Netflix Standard and Premium.

Will deffo have a chat with Netflix tomorrow to ensure the service continues and avoid double charges.