cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 60

Re: Netflix now part of BT packages

@JohnC2 So I've ordered from BT, but no idea how I link my account?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 32 of 60

Well I give up.

I called BT and removed Netflix from my account. I was never sent any link nor had any option to click on one.

Let me know when it's fixed with proven methods please..

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 60

@StewMwrote:

Having read the help pages, it doesn’t answer my question. I have Netflix separately and paying for the UHD package. My Bt says I can now add Netflix to my existing VIP package and receive standard Netflix and/or you can upgrade. So if I added Netflix do I pay the difference between the standard and Premium? If I can add, how do I? My add-ons are Amazon Video, Hayu and Box Nation. No Netflix?

Stew

Well I tried, but I failed - or rather the BT ordering system failed. On the change your package carousel, there is a new VIP package for £73 (paying £67.92 at present). Go through the ordering process but it defaults to “stay on the same package”. Complete the ordering process and it’s all nil. So unless my new package is the same price then I can’t get the new Netflix included package. 
This is all to save me £4.91 pm. 
Think I’ll pass.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 60

I'm getting this error:

You can't activate Netflix this way

To watch Netflix through BT TV, add it to one of our flexible TV packages.
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 60

Ok I think its finally worked. I had to upgrade to VIP then eventually an activate Netflix appeared on my account and I then changed to the UHD for £8 extra

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 60

@jam2000  But good grief, we should all be having to ‘upgrade’ anything: the marketing says BT TV packages now come with Netflix. Not jump through a million bloody hoops to make it work. I’m beginning to see Sky as an attractive proposition, it was so much easier to add packages and extra billed services to them.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 60

Can't see a way to get Netflix added to my account other than via add on for an additional monthly charge. Currently on Big Entertainment and no option given to flex to Big Entertainment with Netflix included when I go through the steps previously outlined in this thread. Hopefully the website will be sorted soon to allow the advertised upgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 60

@pagenotfound How are you seeing this add on? All I can see is a button inviting me to manage my netflix account which just takes me to netflix. I’ve never been billed by BT for netflix but now the plot thickens as after fiddling with my account yesterday I got an order confirmation for Netflix today but didn’t add it, can’t see any way to manage it with BT and never gave BT the login details.

In short the whole things is an absolute mess.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 60

@MarkLeics - I'm just referring to the standard add on for netflix that you could always add to the account but it still shows as 5.99/month.

What I did was, log in to bt.com and look to manage the TV packages

My BT -> Your Products -> TV (manage) - > Swap your package

I then get the carousel for the available flexible tv packages, I'm on Big Entertainment so for me this shows:

VIP, Sport, Entertainment or Big Sport

So no option there for Big Entertainment (with netflix included), which I'm assuming should be there for me to get it added as part of the standard package.

Below the carousel there is a "manage add-ons" button

That has netflix listed as a standard add on for 5.99 a month. I can start placing an order for it which shows that it will be an expression of interest and that I’d only be billed once I sign up with netflix but that’s not how it’s supposed to be so I haven't continued with that.

Hopefully someone can either point me in the right direction or the website will be updated to allow the correct flex option to appear.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 60

@pagenotfound  Unfortunately I don’t see that addon and never have which is part of the problem I think.

It seems BT thought I was paying them for Netflix (I wasn’t) and needed to remove it before adding it again. Now I’m in a situation where BT appear to think they ARE now billing me and so do Netflix. I will proper kick off about this and the Gamepass Ultimate farce if I find I’m having to chase duplicate payments for either.

I’m deeply annoyed with BT this week and so are others I imagine over the lack of attention this is getting. Products should NOT be rolled out without thorough testing.

0 Ratings