Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

New BT TV Packages Letter

Go to solution

I received a letter this morning about the new TV packages but the one thing that appears to be missing is whether I will need to change to one of these new packages or if I can keep my existing one. The letter implies these are the packages that have to be picked from without mentioning the existing package I currently have. I have also noticed that the new packages have considerably less premium channels compared to the existing Entertainment package I have.

A final note, I wonder if the TV Everywhere option has been removed now as it doesn't show in my current details, when everything else I have is listed.

Overall I am not confused what I need to do (if anything) and if I still have what I agreed to only a few months ago.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: New BT TV Packages Letter

Go to solution

Hi @VinceMarsters 

I received that booklet last week. If like me, you're happy with your current package then you don't need to do anything. As far as I can tell, the packages we're on are no longer offered to new customers. That booklet is just telling you what you could move on to, if you wanted to.

More than likely there'll come a point in the future when we might have to change, but BT would have to write and make that clear. We are on legacy packages now that could last for some considerable time.

VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Booklet - thats more than I got. Mine was a 1 page letter that just said "We're launching a new TV Service" and then 3 lines saying whats changed - hence why it seems like it is a change to the current package I am on. TBH if the current packages go then I will be leaving BTTV. I can get the Discovery Channels I watch for less on Amazon Prime. That and I refuse to knowingly pay Sky anything where possible as they have treated me very badly in the past, so I voted with my wallet and have no intention of heading back.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @VinceMarsters 

I believe the TV Everywhere  these days is  the  standard version  BT TV app which tends to  be included with all BT TV packages.

0 Ratings
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@zulu17I have it as TV Everywhere with extra box to provide access to the BTTV package on a seconds box in the bedroom. I have only had it for a couple of months and it took a while to get it sorted that time.

0 Ratings
poppasmurf
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Well the new deals certainly seem to be offering much less (content) for much more (money).  

I'm on the Max 4K package at the moment and will not be entertaining any of the new BT packages.  

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@VinceMarsters  so it is an Extra Box add on , that you currently have on your existing package. 

0 Ratings