cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New Customer Package with UHD 4k

Go to solution

Hi All,
I'm looking at switching from Virgin Media to BT broadband + TV, I can't see any option when setting up a new package to select the UHD/4K service, the only option seems to be the HD add-on.

Is it only possible to choose the UHD add-on after connection?  How much is that add on? Does it mean that the TV box needs replacing or is it just activation?  How much 4K content is available?
I'm not interested in getting any sports or movies packages, I'm primarily interested in the Sky channels.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Customer Package with UHD 4k

Go to solution

There's zero UHD content available on the Sky channels as Sky are keeping it for themselves for now. The HD Boost will give you full 1080p though and the picture quality is excellent.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Cyclone  If you have a UHD TV  you can get UHD content on BBC iplayer via the BT UHD box or straight through your aerial.  But as already mentioned you won’t get any UHD / 4K content except BT Sport UHD/4K ..But HD is an add on for all packages the HD picture is very good and UHD is even better.  Hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks to both of you.
I guess I'll switch to Sky instead of BT, similar price, but I can get their channels in UHD to add to the ones I already have (netflix, prime and iplayer I already get in UHD).  They also do disney+ as an add in, which is a convenient way to watch it, as it can't be easily integrated into many other services directly.

0 Ratings