cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

New TV guide the colour purple

Just had a quick update on my BT box. The background colours on tv guide and  info bar has changed to purple shading. Also tv guide is different with white bars on the channel guide too show which channel you are selecting. And a time line too show how much of the programme has gone/left. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: New TV guide the colour purple

Awful, as it looks too dark.

The epg is now predominately black with a purple categories bar.

Is there no way to change the colour?

0 Ratings
DavidWilkins
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

This now looks totally horrible.
My wife's cognitive issues means that she cannot cope with the colour layout. I have to confess that I am struggling too.
How do we change this back as I am now considering switching over to Virgin Media.
0 Ratings
ENIGMAJAY
Message 4 of 11

I've just turned my youview on and actually thought it was broken, who in their right mind has chosen those colours? It gives me a headache, and don't even get me started on the incredibly annoying/distracting blue time line moving across the screen. Absolutely hideous, if you're going to force these things on us, at least give us the option to go back to the original colours in the settings.
KenP
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

The first time I turned the box on this evening it I thought the accessibility high contrast option must have got turned on somehow. But no, this is what BT presumably think this is an improvement on the previous inoffensive colour scheme.

I couldn't agree with the other posters more: the new scheme is truly hideous. Purple, really? Are your software designers six years old? 

It looks like I am going to have to start using the television to watch live terrestrial tv and only switch to the  BT box for watching BT channels and recordings. A real PITA and not what BT intended I suspect.

Get a grip BT  and either give us a choice of colour schemes or alternatively let us opt out of software updates and roll back to prevous versions.  

0 Ratings
youviewbunny
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I am happy with the switch to purple and, as I perceive it, an overall increase of clarity and colour fidelity. However what we are still waiting for is a narrowing and less opaque broad lower band and narrower top band which show up at Play, Pause, Resume etc. Firstly: the dense grey swatches are not needed to enable the progress bar and any text to be perceived and: Secondly: we need to be able to read subtitles through them and also continue to watch the action. [I know of course about the use of the Back button to haste their exit].

LS1
Message 7 of 11

Not impressed with the black background. It was much easier on the eye before the update. I rebooted when I first saw this as I thought there was a problem with the TV.  Not an improvement in my view. 

0 Ratings
Anaglypta
Message 8 of 11

Have you not noticed folks - purple, or mauve if you prefer is all around you, it's part of BT's corporate branding. It's on their web site, this forum, in emails and orders, and in their advertising and TV commercials. They've also intoduced  a short jingle (rather like in the famous microprocessor In**l and yoghurt Da**ne adds). Thankfully the YouView box doesn't yet boot up playing said jingle - yet!

Enforcing it on the EPG, however, is a step too far IMHO.

John.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 9 of 11

they should ditch the sill full screen delete programme confirmation as well. This style of content was used in Windows where to stop rogue internet explorer popups looking like system dialogues.

0 Ratings
tigger33
Message 10 of 11

Couldn't agree more - white info bars are horrid - we thought we had made an error with the TV remote and wasted a great deal of time trying to get rid of this unnecessary information - BT shouldn't make such alterations without due notice to end users

Revert back to former state as soon as possible PLEASE!

0 Ratings