cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: No Netflix results in Bt tv box pro universal search

yes an update is well overdue ,I will alert the mods again.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry we don't have any further updates.

The team is working to re-introduce this but we don't have a confirmed date for when this will happen.

I'll chase up with the team to see if they can provide any more insight. 

Once again I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

I may be the OP but ive lost hope this will ever be sorted. Netflix made an API change that makes this difficult now. Same reason results are not shown on Apple TV search. Seems like a move from Netflix to force people into their app rather than access content from an external dashboard. Wont be renewing with BT tv when contract expires. Only reason I took the box was this was an advertised feature when I did that was never actually available. Was incorrect to advertise it as a feature at the time I made the purchase.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

if I recall correctly prime results also use to come up in search aswell? It the same issue as Netflix. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

@FC12 

The search on my BT Pro Box returns results from Amazon Prime. I can't then add to my Pro Box watchlist though.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

If you click straight through to the programme from the search results and watch a few seconds then it will add prime programmes to the watch list.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Why not just search in Netflix? Or are those ten seconds to log into it too much? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

@MissBeatty  A universal search would be expected to provide results from a range of players. Searching each player separately would take time.

The universal search can be performed whilst still continuing to be tuned into your current viewing choice  without the need to open a specific player. That also retains the buffer of the current live channel whereas if you opened the Netflix player to search you would on exiting return to the live channel but no buffer.

Having a universal search which is not returning NETFLIX  results and limited results  from some other players does reduce the completeness and confidence in results returned.

Message 19 of 22

By searching for other programs means you don’t wanna watch what’s on so doesn’t make much difference if it takes you off the screen 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

As we are a further 3 months or so further on is there any update on the progress here ?

0 Ratings