cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

No video out with iPad BT Sports app

I have an Apple adapter to connect my iPad to a TV via the Component connections. Apps need to have video out enabled to view them on the TV. Many of the Apple apps, plus BBC iPlayer and the ITV player have this enabled but the BT Sports app does not. It cannot be to protect rights because, if I connect my iPad via an adapter to the D-sub 15pin connector on the TV (as you would connect a computer to it), full mirroring of anything on the iPad screen is shown on the TV. The Component connector is, however, more convenient and gives sound as well - the PC connector route requires an additional audio lead. Why doesn't the BT Sports app follow the example of BBC iPlayer and enable video out?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
bonnyrigger
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: No video out with iPad BT Sports app

Works OK using HDMI/lightning adaptor, I presume it's an older telly or you would be using HDMI anyway sorry can't offer anything else as I don't own the component video version.

0 Ratings
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

The TV has HDMI sockets but, when I bought my adapter from Apple, I don't think that there was an option of a cable with an HDMI connector and, in any case, my iPad doesn't have a lightning connector. The issue is that the BT Sports app has limitations on an iPad that other similar apps do not have.
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Sorry I can't answer your question with regard to the cable connection. However the best, easiest but unfortunately a bit more expense, is to get the AppleTV box. The App works perfectly with this on all three channels. A new one is £99 but they occasionally appear in Apples online refurb store for £85. They will be as good as new and you still get the full years Apple warranty with the refurb products.

It also means that you can take your iPad and the ATV to any location with a wifi connection and TV and use it there too.
0 Ratings