cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Not eligible for Britbox 6 month offer

Go to solution

Hi all,

I signed up for BT Broadband earlier this year, and a few days ago had an email from BT offering 6 month Britbox for free.  Clicking through after authentication, presents a big red box with an error .. 

"We're sorry, but you are not eligible for this offer.  Please ensure you are the account holder for this account. You will also need to have Broadband with us, and have not already taken the BritBox trial."

Having spoken to BT, they have confirmed that I should be able to get the service, but no matter what we try, they cannot get it working - I'm always presented with the same error message.  BT have even tried to cancel my contract, and sign me up to a new contract - same error .

Anyone hit similar ?  What did you do to resolve ?Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 14.04.42.png

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Not eligible for Britbox 6 month offer

Go to solution

Hi @hwntw 

The TV option you show is greyed out. Do you have BT TV?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @StewM no I dont.. theres no mention of this as a prereq?  Just having Broadband from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Yes just double checked , it’s either broadband or TV, so the offer is correct but not sure why you are seeing the error message.

Unless anyone has any ideas, before I raise it with the Mods.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Just had another email from BT again offering me Britbox free for 6 months,  presumably triggered because of the recontract that BT did to try to get my eligibility  recognised.

Needless to say, I'm still not eligible. 

Does anyone on these forums have any account level access ? Or do I need to escalate within BT?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

I presume this is something to do with your account set up. I will ask a Mod to intervene.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @hwntw 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you're seeing this error message when you try and redeem the 6 month Britbox offer.  Strange issue!  Can you send us over your details and we'll find the best person to chat to about this to understand why it is happening?

Please bear in mind that we are extremely busy at the moment and it will take us some time to get to your case.  We will pick this up as soon as we possibly can.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @hwntw 

I haven't heard any word back from you following my message on Saturday.

Can you make sure you're set up as the account holder on your BTID?  The steps can be found here:  What's the difference between an Account holder and Account manager in MyBT?

Please try it again after you follow the steps above and post back to let me know how you get on 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @RobbieMac 

Just replied via DM, but will cover here too .. 

You may have found the issue, I'm down as an 'Account Manager', not 'Account Holder'.

I have now changed this. and confirmed I'm now the 'Account Holder'. 

I'm still getting the same error (not eligible), but that maybe a timing issue - so I'll give it a day to ensure syncing ?

I've provided the necessary info via DM you requested, so if there's anything you can check in the meanwhile 🙂

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Cheers
Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@hwntw wrote:

Hi @RobbieMac 

Just replied via DM, but will cover here too .. 

You may have found the issue, I'm down as an 'Account Manager', not 'Account Holder'.

I have now changed this. and confirmed I'm now the 'Account Holder'. 

I'm still getting the same error (not eligible), but that maybe a timing issue - so I'll give it a day to ensure syncing ?

I've provided the necessary info via DM you requested, so if there's anything you can check in the meanwhile 🙂

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi @hwntw 

Thanks for posting back to confirm you're set up as the Account holder now.

Please try again tomorrow and if you're still in the same boat let me know and we will take it from there 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings