Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Now TV £25pm Sports Pass

Go to solution

Recently started with BT Broadband and BT Sport. Considering the new discounted offer for Sky Sports via  NowTV.

I opted to link my existing NowTV details with BT on signing up. However I have no desire for BT to take over my billing as I have potential to use Clubcard Vouchers to reduce my monthly bill. So if I add Sky Sports via the NowTV website and use a debit card to pay the monthly bill will I then be able to fully use Sky Sports on YouView?

Reading other posts it also appears that one advantage of viewing NowTV Sky Sports through a YouView box is an ability to record a match. Is this correct?

Finally I opted to pay £5pm for Ultra HD so will this allow me to view Sky Sports in HD?

Many thanks for any advice on these three questions.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Now TV £25pm Sports Pass

Go to solution

@gregmark 

In response to your question on billing , I signed up to BT/Now Tv deal for all sports channels in hd so the extra £5 allows you to watch Sky Sports in HD I also get 4K from BT. My now Tv  account has a credit of £50 in Tesco Clubcard vouchers. But once you sign over to BT your credit in clubcard voucher cannot be used to buy anything from NowTv unless you cancel with BT , That’s what I was told by NOW TV customer services.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you subscribe to NowTV direct, you will only be able to access the channels through the app and not the EPG

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@gregmark 

***The following information is what I believe to be true. If any of it is inaccurate hopefully other forum members or Mods can rectify as necessary**

If you have opted to link your NowTV account to BT I believe you would need to set up a seperate NowTV account to purchase NowTV passes directly from Sky/NowTV.

If you add a Sky Sports pass directly from NowTV you are unable to schedule recordings, you only have app access. To have the ability to record from NowTV you must take your subscription from BT and not Sky.

Paying for the HD/4K addon with BT will get you Sky Sports in HD plus BT Sport in UHD if it's all purchased from BT.