cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Now TV - Inactive Account

Hi

In Aug 2021 I upgraded to FTTP and part of the deal was getting "Big Sport" which includes Now TV Sport for £10 for 3 mths instead of £40. In January I ditched Big Sport with the intention of returning to a direct subscription to Now TV Sport, but when I sign in I can't do anything. I called Now and they said that my account is "Inactive" and because I subscribe through BT I need to get them to cancel my membership and inform me & Now TV when they've done it, preferably via a confirmation email.

However, when I phone BT they say my membership was cancelled weeks ago and after consulting several colleagues and a manager the fella told me that there is nothing more they can do. They (BT) went on to suggest I set up a new Now TV account with a different email address and i will be 2up and running in 20 mins" But I don't really want to do that and why should I!

Anybody else had trouble switching back from BT to Now?

Thx

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Now TV - Inactive Account

@ASM987wrote:

They (BT) went on to suggest I set up a new Now TV account with a different email address and i will be 2up and running in 20 mins" But I don't really want to do that and why should I!

Because it's a quick & easy solution to your problem rather than beating your head against two brick walls? If you have a Gmail account it's even easier, as you can just add a full-stop to your address. Now will see that as a new account but Google will ignore it & deliver mail from Now along with your "normal" address.

Your call obviously but sometimes it pays to choose the path of least resistance.