cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

Now TV app breaking up

Go to solution

Hi I have recently subscribed to the new BT Entertainment package and very pleased so far. However, when i use the Now TV App watching catch up on say Game of Thrones, every time  the picture breaks up a couple of times and then i get the 4 circles [Now tv app logo] appearing on screen and picture freezes. I then have to close app and return to where I left off 

This happens EVERY evening! all other Channels on planner seem ok including all subscription ones. I am also getting frozen picture when i turn on the drt t4000 box so, turn off and back on again all ok. I have had several issues with this box, done several soft reset and 2 full ones.

Any ideas Thanks...    

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 18

Re: Now TV app breaking up

Go to solution

Is this only when you're watching HD channels?

What is your connection speed?

Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hi sorry for delay. Speeds are fine 57.52 6.77up. It only happens on the Now TV app and always hd channels .

No issues when watching other Sky channels via the BT planner. Thanks.   

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

That download speed is OK for HD but it's pushing the limit for 4k which is in the region of 45Mbps whilst HD is in the region of 5Mbps.

So if you're watching a 4K stream on your box and someone else in the house is trying to watch HD on the app at the same time then you don't have a lot left for anything else.

Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

I have the same issue with the Now TV app, although my picture breaks up and then resolves itself immediately.

I think it’s just a “feature” of Now TV as there are lots of people who complain about it on the Now TV forum too.

Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks to all. I am on quite a fast speed of 57mbps? I thought that 4k was doable with 25 or less? 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

I think you are correct as I don't have any problems with Amazon or Netflix, always the Now TV app' Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@MitoMan 25meg is fine for 4K normally but BT won't let you have BT Sport Ultimate via the box if you don't have 45meg at least. It's so that you don't hammer your bandwidth while watching sport in UHD and not be able to record anything else which would result in complaints about no fit for purpose etc

Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks, I see what you mean now.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

I’m also getting regular buffering and break ups with the Now TV app on our 4K BT box. Have excellent broadband speeds (100mb +) to the box and TV. Everything else is fine. I can watch Ultimate Sport channel and all Sky channels on the TV guide with no problems. Prime and Netflix also work without a glitch. Clearly Now TV app is the problem and BT should get them to address the issues.

Tags (1)