cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Now TV current passes

If i changed over to one of the flexible TV packages with BT/NOW TV, say the Entertainment pack and BT Sport, what would happen to the passes i currently have active with Now TV?   The thing is, i received these passes as pre-paid offers, i have the Entertainment pass which is active until 28th October and the Now TV Boost Pass active until 17th September (which i have now cancelled so i will not be charged again after this date), do i have to surrender these passes and carry on as normal paying BT for my new packages or will they, somehow(?!), be credited to my account? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9

Re: Now TV current passes

I can't see either BT or Now TV giving you a refund, the two are seperate companies and neither are likely to give you a refund because you chose to buy the same product from them both.

I suggest you either wait until after the 28th October or be prepared to take a hit. 

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

I’m sure I read somewhere that you get credit for any unexpired period under your existing account.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the reply, the thing is these NOWTV passes on my account basically came as pre paid freebies, so i am not losing money with them, but it does seem better to wait until the passes expire before doing anything, surprised that i am already getting retention TV pack offer emails from BT, as my current MaxHD contract does not end until December, they seem very eager to switch everyone over to the new flexible packages!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9

Given those circumstances I'd be inclined to wait unless there are other circumstances worthy of consideration

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

My now TV passes which I paid for with Tesco vouchers remain on my now TV account as credit, which at the moment I cannot spend due to technical problems with BT managing my now TV account. I would wait until your vouchers have finished before changing over

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 9

Interesting,

Just a thought, does anyone know if you can use Now TV passes to buy packages that you are not paying for through BT?

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

The horror stories I keep reading, especially on BTs Twitter page about the problems people have had receiving their channels since they switched to the new BT/ NowTV flexible packages is what has put me off switching, also, the incorrect information been given out by some of BTs customer service phone team, of which I have been a victim of recently and have had to come here to check if what I was told is correct or not, has, for the first time ever, got me really worried and nervous about phoning BT ever again!  It all depends when you phone, if you can get through to someone who actually knows what they are talking about, I never really had this problem ever before, obviously a lot of new, very quickly trained, staff working on the phone lines these days.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@Anonymous  there's nothing stopping you from buying NowTV passes elsewhere but you won't have access to them through the EPG. Also, you'll need to set up a separate NowTV account for these passes and log into the app using that account rather than your BT supplied one as the BT NowTV account will show as being billed by BT on the account settings in the NowTV app