Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Now Tv App freeze.

Hi 

Not sure if this has been posted before, but when I try to watch any programmes / box set on NowTv App via BT Box the programme starts playing for about 2mins then I get the Now Tv logo spinning round and the picture freezes. I have a 4K box I think it’s the second generation box.All other apps work fine as does the Now Tv EPG channels.  Any help or info would be great, 

TIA.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Now Tv App freeze.

There are a few others having this problem including me. I think I am right in saying it's more Sky Now app rather than BT problem?

I am sure it will eventually be sorted. For now I just stop playing and go out of whatever I am watching and go back to where I was. It usually only happens once with each program I am watching. Last night it happened with Sky Cinema, very annoying.

ney
Expert
Message 3 of 9

I also get this problem with the Now TV app and I get about 70mb speeds.#

Also get sound drop outs for a few seconds now and again if watching live channels via the app.

Dont seem to have problems if watching Sky on demand or Sky Box Sets as seem call it.

Issue has also been reported over on the Youview Community Fourms.

Darren

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

I hope BT bring a new box out soon. Fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
palmeri8145
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Agreed this is really annoying. As above, for me it happens on live sport and seems worse at weekends. Is happening much more frequently now.

On demand on the entertainment channel seem fine.

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Got the same problem on my 4K box and my second box is ok I got t21000
0 Ratings
palmeri8145
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

It's really weird, and I'm not claiming any sort of influence or anything, but since complaining about this on the forum my NowTV on Sky Sports has really been much better!!!!

Must be something to do with network, broadband, demand, etc, but I'm just happy that it has stayed stable all day!

🙂

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

New year old problem, Now Tv app has started  to freeze again. Watching a film on sky cinema via the app after a few minutes it starts pixelating  and then the film freezes and the logo spins around. Gave up as tried several restarts but at the same point it froze every time.  Tried a different film and it played all the way through. I have the 4K box and on VIP package. Broadband speed is all ok Box connected via Ethernet cable. Anyone else had the problem again recently. 

0 Ratings
Hooba
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

The picture usually locks up at least once when I watch a movie through the app. Tapping fast forward briefly, then hitting play, sorts it out.

0 Ratings