cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Now tv pass

Go to solution

Hi, wondering if someone could help me figure this out , I have been using Now tv I have discounts on now tv I always have had because whenever you go to cancel they offer large discounts,  currently I have the cinema package for £3.99 for another 5 months my question is if I add bt tv to my broadband and take out the now tv passes through BT would I automatically lose that offer and pay full price or is there anyway to keep that price if say I kept paying Now directly through their website ?? Thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Now tv pass

Go to solution

If you transfer your account to BT, you will lose any passes and discounts that you have through NowTV. NowTV may refund any full months you have left but you'll need to check this with them 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I would be inclined to use a different email address to create a new Now TV user account and keep your existing one separate from your BT subscription 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for your replies , yes I think that's what I might just do , been trying to search and find the answer I saw it said i could possibly sign in to the now app on the box with my other now account to access the discounted cinema pass and have the entertainment pass through BT with a new email address that way the entertainment channels would show up on the channel guide and I could record from them , I think 🤔 , thanks again .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

We took the Entertainment pack for £6 for 24 months last April by adding BTTV to our broadband. The current offer is £9 for six months. I kept my own NOW account separate so that I could continue to receive Sky Sports at a heavily discounted price by threatening to cancel at each renewal as you described. We created a new NOW account with a different email address. It all works very well and you would be able to use your discounted Cinema pass direct from NOW in the same way that I use my discounted Sports pass from NOW.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Live sport aside there's little reason to record Now as all Entertainment & Movies are available on demand. As already said, as well as losing existing discounts you'll be paying BT full price in future once any offer expires.

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you everyone for the replies think I've got it figured out what way is best for the best value , can I ask one last question if possible though , is Discovery now included with the entertainment pack and appears as a live channel on the TV guide? History and Discovery are probably my two most watched channels , thanks again 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, Discovery channel is now included with Entertainment pack as a live channel on the Guide. Catch up is available via the BT TV Player. Discovery+ app is being made available to customers ‘at no extra cost’ and is being rolled out to BT Sport customers who pay the BT Group directly currently, with the vast majority of BTTV customers expected to be given access eventually too.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I cancelled BT TV just over 10 months ago and apart of not being able to record the Now channels I dont miss BT TV and got the same going with Now direct.

Also dont miss the AMC channel.

I currently have Entertainment for £4.99 for a year got that over a few weeks ago. 

Have Now Boost at £2.99 for yet another 3 months.

Had Sky Cinema for £7.99 for 6 months. New Sky Cinema discount this time is £8.50 for 6 months.

0 Ratings