cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrDWJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

NowTV Sky Sports and Entertainment not working.

Go to solution

I contacted BT earlier this year to add Big Sport. That became 'active' on 16 March. Although I could watch the BT Sport channels none of the additional Sky Sports channels worked, they all showed a message with code IPC6017. I have called BT to try and sort that out, have tried factory resets as requested and nothing has worked. BT have confirmed I have a NowTV account, but when using that either via the BT TV app or from my laptop I still cannot use the extra channels. There are messages telling me I need to get them added (on the laptop I am prompted to pay a monthly fee). 

BT have tried to solve this but have not been able to. I rang BT again this week to ask for Big Sport to be removed which has been done, I now have the NowTV Entertainment (I was told I had to have that), got the  email  message stating that is active but none of those channels (e.g. Sky Atlantic) work - I still see the IPC6017 message.

So,, again, paying for channels I cannot watch. I am concerned that when I ring to add Big Sport again the situation will not have changed. Can BT help please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: NowTV Sky Sports and Entertainment not working.

Go to solution

hi @MrDWJ 

when was your Now Entertainment ordered  and when did you get theemail to say it was active ?

0 Ratings
MrDWJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hello @zulu17

Email received on 29 April at 1422 "You're switched on ready to start watching", sadly not. it was the same on 16 March when I had the email confirming Big Sport was ready (but it wasn't).

0 Ratings
Gemma_P
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @MrDWJ,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If you send me your account number via a private message I'll take a look for you. Thank you,

MrDWJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Hi @Gemma_P
PM sent.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
AngieDhak
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hello 

My now tv is not working either.  Can you help me please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
MrDWJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

NowTV Entertainment working on BTTV box thanks to @Gemma_P 

Brilliant. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Ross4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem - error code IPC6017 on NOW Sky sports. Have followed instructions to turn on/turn off router and box and checked all software uptodates. Ccan you help?

0 Ratings
MrDWJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Ross4 Initially I was using a @sky.com email account for NowTV, once that was changed to another email (big thanks to @Gemma_P ) the NowTV channels worked.

0 Ratings
Ross4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I can get all NOW channels except Sky Sports - recently cancelled BT Sport (but still have numerous channels showing for BT Sports extra which I can't access anyway!!) but unable to get any Sky sports channels - code IPC6017 everytime. Despite turning router and hub off and making sure all updates completed, still can't get Sky Sports. Husband very fed up!!!!!!

0 Ratings