cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shugmonkey
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

NowTV and Lost channels

After receiving an email for half price NowTV at £5 a month I signed up.

I was not aware that this meant losing ALL of my previous entertainment channels, including Dave, Play, W etc.

I phoned to change back to my old package and was told this is not possible as BT TV have lost the rights to show these channels.

I feel mugged off.

What about distance selling rules. Does that not apply to TV packages?

Has anyone else been told that BT are losing a lot of channels?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: NowTV and Lost channels

You should have up to 14 days to switch back I believe. Do a search of the forum, plenty have changed back after realising what they would lose.

A few people have been told that BT are losing the existing Entertainment Channels, usually by sales people getting them to upgrade to NOW TV. Interestingly BT do still offer the channels you would lose in something called the "Classic Entertainment" pack, which is available to new customers. You just can't mix that pack or a legacy pack with the new NOW TV packs.

Eventually it may well be true that the channels we have now will leave, but there has been nothing published by BT officially to say that. When it gets to that point people that have a legacy package will have a choice to make, but at the moment you should be able to keep what you have and buy cheap passes directly from NOW TV and use them on the app in the BT TV box.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

I cancelled BT TV at the beginning of this year when I was informed by email that they were losing Universal and Nat Geo.  There was also an announcement at the time on this forum by, if memory serves correct, @SeanD 

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

@Anonymouswrote:

I cancelled BT TV at the beginning of this year when I was informed by email that they were losing Universal and Nat Geo.  There was also an announcement at the time on this forum by, if memory serves correct, @SeanD 

Which has no relevance to this conversation. 

Universal left the UK market and isn't available on any platform and the only change to Nat Geo Wild applies to those on NOW TV packs.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

@stereohavenwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Which has no relevance to this conversation. 

Universal left the UK market and isn't available on any platform and the only change to Nat Geo Wild applies to those on NOW TV packs.

The OP asked "Has anyone else been told that BT are losing a lot of channels?"

Please explain exactly how my post is irrelevant.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

@Anonymouswrote:

Please explain exactly how my post is irrelevant.

Please explain how losing 1 channel from every platform it was available on in the UK constitutes being told  "BT are losing a lot of channels"?

You haven't been told that BT are losing lots of channels and that's why it isn't relevant.

0 Ratings
Shugmonkey
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

The customer service that i spoke to this morning told me that W, Alibi, Gold, (all those in the UK TV Play group) will be lost. Also Eurosport.

That is many channels IMO. 

0 Ratings