Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 6

Older Sky Sports recordings

Go to solution

When/if BT cease to provide the Sky Sports via the aerial and card slot  and switch you over to broadband only - will you still be able to play your recordings made previously over the aerial/card system ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Robbief
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Older Sky Sports recordings

Go to solution

I would of thought u could as their recorded to your visionbox hard drive and will stay there till you delete them. unless there's another major upgrade to the system.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes they will be on the hard drive but will you be able to play them back sucessfully once Bt stop the existing card based process.  Currently I understand you need an active paired card to playback your Sky Sports recordings.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Playback of an existing recording isn't an issue.The card pairing is to decrypt the broadcast signal not for playbabck.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

So what controls whether or not you can view recorded  sky sports (SS)  programs on the new look vision - ?  For example if you ceased Sky sports for a period then your previous recordings were not watchable but remain on the box - after resuming the subscription the recordings were watchable again.  I was advised that this was controlled by the card settings  so I  am just a bit concerned that SS recordings will not be watchable when BT moves away from using the card technology onto broadband.

0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Unfortunately no, to view a recording requires an active viewing card, same as for viewing live. You can test this by removing your card and trying to watch one of your existing recordings. This is a restriction from Sky, rather than BT.

If there's something you really want to keep you could play it on the box and record it on a separate DVD or VHS recorder.