cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

On demand crashing during adverts

Go to solution

While watching on demand (ITV Hub, in this case), it stops suddenly and returns to the home page during adverts. Resumed 3 times, but does the same each time. I can’t fast forward through the ads, when I try, the message  ‘Not available’ comes up on screen

Can someone advise?

Thanks

Peter

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: On demand crashing during adverts

Go to solution

I've read that this is a general issue with ITV Hub on all formats and the issue isn't unique to Youview. 

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

If it is a  known issue with Itv Hub then suitable advice on recovery action should be available to Youview and BT TV Box users . Try again and try again and eventually it might work at a later time  when presumably ITV have resolved their issue(s) seems to be the less than satisfying answer currently.  Youview help seems to point users to contacting ITV.

If you have a second source for the ITV Hub eg on your SMART TV then if may be simpler to watch on that device if the Youview App stream is failing with the ITV HUB adverts.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Zulu, I’ve got other options for ITV Hub so, yeh, that’s probably the way to go

As an aside, I’ve also noticed my stream dropping when watching live TV (in this case BT Sports) on a mobile device using BT TV and casting.

Not had the best experience with BT TV I have to say...

Have a good weekend anyway 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@pmjb007  using the BT Sport app rather than viewing the BT Sport Channels via  BT TV  mobile app would I have thought give you a better viewing experience. cinsuder raising any issues with the sport casting in the BT Sport subforum.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I can't believe that this reply is actually taken to be a "solution". It's appalling. If the ITV Hub is faulty then BT should either remove it or have it fixed so that paying customers can watch content without having to restart the app every commercial break. The same advert failure happens on BritBox and in a number of other places. Software should be properly tested before it is distributed to the market place. It's elementary IT practice.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

The problem of crashing during adverts is on My 5, 4 on Demand, itv hub, not aware this happening on other providers ,  just BT it seems.    

0 Ratings