cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rb_at_the_zoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Ordered late June. Catalogue of errors. Can't beleive it is this bad!

Go to solution

BT Vision YouView box

1.5.14_PROD

The BT Sport / ESPN channels are showing on numbers 507-512 but say that I need to set them up, then that I need to subscribe to view them…

I’m using the Home Hub connected directly via an Ethernet cable.

I have had written confirmation that BT Sport is all ordered and good to go but it is not.

I’ve sent a message to CraigS after seeing him offer help to others but perhaps he is not the only one who can help so I’ve put this on the public forum too. It is also further evidence of the type of service BT is supplying at the moment.

I moved house on 12th July and switched from a Virgin media service. I ordered a package for line rental (paid up-front), Infinity broadband and the BT Vision tv package for a fiver a month to include BT Sport in HD for no extra charge (that offer was on at the time). I ordered online (with an online assistant who apparently checked it had all gone through correctly - it had not) around the last fortnight of June.

Since then it has gone horribly wrong and my customer service has not just been unsatisfactory, it has been absolutely appalling.

First I was told to postpone my installation date so that the YouView box could be delivered two working days prior to the installation. This meant that they could not install it on the day I wanted and I was going to be without a connection for most of a week. Nevertheless, I accepted this and even added a day extra to avoid any chance of it arriving before the old owners left. It arrived two days before we moved in but fortunately this presented no problems.

From there, my installation was cancelled three times:

- Once because the previous owner had not cancelled his number at this address - I was not told he would have to do anything proactive on that front.

- Once was, I think, just a no-show or some sort of order mis-management.

- Once because there was no stock of modems!

It was, however, successfully put in on the fourth occasion. My YouView box was working (to some extent, more on that later) and the broadband connection worked.

So what of my service? Well 6/7 weeks later I still cannot watch BT Sport either online or on my tv.

It has been ordered, cancelled, re-ordered more times that I care to think about and I have spent way more than 20 hours on the phone to BT trying to get some sort of resolution.

I have also tried emailing for help. I detail my problem and invite the reader to look at my notes; wait for days; get an email saying that I should install Silverlight (even though my notes say that I have already done it); I reply; I reply again; I reply again; and eventually get a phone call 14 days later from someone who has not even read the original email and I’m back at square 1.

OUTSTANDING PROBLEM 1: Watching online.

I was told that this is a problem with my log in details. I had signed up with a gmail account and there was some problem with the security questions. I can assure you that this was not my error. I was told that this problem could be dealt with by using my new btinternet account to log in but then there was a problem saying that I was not the account holder. I was told that a letter could be sent with a PIN that would transfer ownership of the account to the btinternet address. I waited (over a week) for this letter, put in the PIN and - needless to say - this didn’t solve the problem.

I have had so many calls to the technical support team and on most of the recent occasions I have been elevated to the Technical 2 team. They can’t solve it either, so they refer my case to the managers. They say that they will call back within 48hours with a solution. Several days pass and nothing happens. So I call again and spent another few hours on the phone. I have been passed from the vision technical team to the Yahoo email account people and back again and it still doesn’t work.

The most irritating thing is that it still doesn’t work. The second most irritating thing is that no-one at BT seems to give a **bleep** about my case. I have lost count of the number of times I have not received a call back – even from the managers/supervisors. What kind of support is this?!

OUTSTANDING PROBLEM 2: Watching on my TV/YouView box.

I am now on my second YouView box. Some bright spark thought it would be a good idea to cancel my order and start again – that I might have been sent the ‘wrong box’. This seemed far-fetched at the time but – being desperate – I went along with it. Of course I have the same problem. On the next enjoyable phone call I had two people (Tech 2 + manager) looking at what she had done and telling me that was the wrong thing to do.

OUTSTANDING PROBLEM 3: financial

Obviously it is not acceptable to charge me for my service since I have not been receiving what I ordered. Even more unacceptable is the suggestion on my phone call yesterday (3hrs 15mins) that I will have to pay an additional £3/month for the sport channels in HD if it ever does start working because the offer when I first ordered is no longer running!

These are just some highlights in a sad story of broken promises, getting cut off, having my computer controlled remotely on six separate occasions, spending around two thirds of a working week on the phone to no avail, being told that operatives were knocking off for the night, getting texts saying that my service is ready and working when it isn’t, and so on.

I doubt this is an intractable problem so why can’t anyone fix it?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
rb_at_the_zoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: Ordered late June. Catalogue of errors. Can't beleive it is this bad!

Go to solution

bump.

Is there anybody there..?

0 Ratings
rb_at_the_zoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

bump...

0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelo

0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

As you can see BT do not reply in a timely fashion to any issue`s a customer may have. Shocking is an understatement.

0 Ratings
rb_at_the_zoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for the response! I'm not invisible then, BT?

Completely agree, davyl23 - I've noticed that in the forum (CraigS), via email (Antony Kallarakkal) and on the phone (far to many operatives, supervisors and managers to mention).

I've been paying for a service I'm not receiving for 7 1/2 weeks and counting...

I'll try sending a pigeon to Warren Buckley!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Hi rb_at_the_zoo,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
rb_at_the_zoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Done.

thanks, David!

0 Ratings
alan_glen
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Re: Ordered late June. Catalogue of errors. Can't believe it is this bad!

Go to solution

I have the same as your...

problem 1. Moved from Virgin (landline) to BT and activation date came 9th August and New hub 4 broadband works! BT SPORT well that's a different story but same as you. I have my old MYBT form my landline and they gave me a new one with my bt email. I use my old one and btsport is in the extras there with all the others but when I 'watch now' it come back with ... Your BT ID is correct but you don't have BT Sport on your account. If I try to activate it says ... Welcome you already have BT Sports on your account... it just goes round in circles. Despite hours and days on to the tech levels 1 and 2 they cant fix it and fob me off with "I'll pass this to my manager and he will look at it and call you tomorrow... Nothing... Just a way to get rid of the problem as I'll never get the same person when I recall. Yes I've had the pin numbers too... two in fact but still the same. So when I get to 9th September it will be a month and they cant fix it. They even put faults registered on my line.. My phone and Broadband work fine.. Seems the Tech guys level one and two just dont have the skills needed. Cant be rocket science!

0 Ratings
rb_at_the_zoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Re: Ordered late June. Catalogue of errors. Can't believe it is this bad!

Go to solution

I feel your pain!

0 Ratings