cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Overpricing

Go to solution

I am a 72yr old pensioner paying a high price for a small use of bt services, I relied on my passion for bt sport football also, so I am paying for something not fit for purpose now that there is no more football...!!!... I pay £62 mthly, its like a timeshare scenario, paying through the nose, I've cancelled with BT now finding a supplier with a cost of £30 for my services that I will use, unless bt give a refund I will never use them ever again.... Grrrrrr

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 20

Re: Overpricing

Go to solution

Depending on what services you have, paying £62 seems a lot, if you don't have any discounts being applied to reduce the cost, you can ring the Loyalty team on 0800 800 150 and ask for an account review, perhaps there are savings to be made on call charges, a change of package etc, ring them and ask 🙂

Lines are busy due to the Corona outbreak so it might take longer to get in touch.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

I had been in contact with bt back in 2019 saying I am a pensioner and wanted a reduction in service for cheaper price but the cost kept rising over time, it was £45 then escalated to £62 just recently, I never saw any difference in service from what I already had before, it is shameful of bt to have charged me all of this money....I live on a small pension....I have cancelled now that the contract is over but still have to pay for another month as a notice period.....shameful practice against us old people...

Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

The discount is for agreeing a new minimum term, you won't see a difference in service, just a price reduction, you've not been overcharged, you've paid the standard cost on a rolling contract but the Loyalty team can offer discounts.
Depending on your circumstances and usage BT Basic might be an option, see Here if you qualify, the requirements are :

You must be getting one of these benefits:

Income Support
Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
Pensions Credit (Guaranteed Credit)
Employment and Support Allowance (Income related)
Universal Credit (and are on zero earnings).

This won't include BT Sport, how is it you watch it ? 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Thankyou for your reply, I have now found a new service provider that I will change to, Talk Talk is cheaper and a £100 gift offer to a pensioner is most welcome ....regards..
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
were u on a contract deal with bt did u pay disconnection fee
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
My contract expired on 18 March 2020.....I am now on 30 days notice to leave, I have as today received a email from BT saying they will transfer b/band to my new provider & cancel other subscriptions tv etc on 15th April 2020, they say no more other charges from me ref: BBSC.....from email BT....
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
wow that's great for you I hope they let me out of mine
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution
Hi, I think you may have misunderstood my answer to your question, My contract with BT had ended, I then had to give them a compulsory 30 days notice, that legally releases you from BT.....they cannot hold you or charge you for anything else by law.....
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
oh sorry its just been 1 hell of a mess
0 Ratings