cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suepeaa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Placed order for BT Sport on 31st July, still waiting!

I'm felling really mad with BT at the moment, basically I signed up for BT sport on 31st July & paid £35 for an engineer to come out so that we could hard wire the Vision + box to the BT home hub, as its across the hall and not suitable to trail a 10m cable across to the BT vision box, not heard a thing, looked on line a few times but it says you can't track BT sport orders, have received a 10m cable which was sent by BT Technical dept to test out box, as we are having a few problems with constant crashing, so thought while testing it i would try the Sport Channel, well we are not connected as it hasn't been activated yet, so tried to call BT, what a joke, waited ages, then took up the offer of a call back, waited around for nearly an hour, BT called & said the order was stuck in the system (bet they have taken the payment though!)and would have to be re-ordered & she would put me through, well after that it rang, answered, then cut me off, so I started the whole process again, after fighting my way through the automated guff it rang for around 20 mins, whilst constantly telling me i could do it online & how busy they are! ( well for starters I tried to do it online & look at the mess I'm in & they are no doubt so busy as they have messed up loads of other customers orders) I don't believe that there's anybody in this world that wants to be hanging on the phone on a Saturday trying to TALK to BT!! My other half just wants the promised BT sport as he hasn't even got the ESPN anymore & I haven't got all day to sit on the phone to BT, is there a quick way to sort this mess out, as sick to the back teeth of BT right now!
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 19

Re: Placed order for BT Sport on 31st July, still waiting!

Hi Suepeaa,

Welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry for all the hassle you have been through.  I would like to sort this issue out for you.

Can you please drop me an email and include your BT account details and the link to this thread.  To get my 'Contact us' link, please click on my username and you will find the link under the 'About Me' section of my profile.  I will be able to view your account and find out what's going on.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Suepeaa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Hi Sean
I did what you asked at 16.00 and still had no reply from you, is there a problem?
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

It takes a while for a reply as the mods are snowed under at the moment, but you will get a reply.

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 19

@Hunter2660 wrote:

It takes a while for a reply as the mods are snowed under at the moment, but you will get a reply.

I don't know why the Mods are snowed under? You are not allowed to contact the Mods anymore, only by invite from a Mod.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 19

Wrong terminology I think. You'll be in a queue would've been better.

0 Ratings
Suepeaa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

I tend to think that they wouldn't be snowed under if they gave better customer service in the first place, I know I didn't want to spend half of yesterday, with no decent outcome for my problem on the phone to BT and I don't suppose anybody else who was keeping them so busy did either!
Beginning to think I might be better off with Sky - which I hate to have to say!
0 Ratings
paulfaustin
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Do not even hesitate but IMMEDIATELY get in touch with the Advertising Standards Authority to express your belief that the BT SPORT advertising is misleading and tantamount to fraud or at least misrepresentation. They are ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY!
You are clearly not alone in complaining about your plight.
From what I have been reading in many blogs and from my own experiences, BT SPORT are using misleading and covert methods to extract money from the public.
Their claim that BT SPORT is 'FREE' is not true and their 'representatives' are either totally incompetent or lying. Either way money is being paid to BT SPORT for which services are not being properly provided as advertised and promised. This is tantamount to a breach of contract.
Go to it and lodge your complaint.
If my BT SPORT TV service is not provided in ten days time I will be employing my legal representative to Claim from them for damages.
0 Ratings
paulfaustin
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Furthermore my Counsel's Fees could well be in the region of £5,000, and my evidence is incontrovertible - I simply need to refer to the magnitude of complaints on the many blogs, comments and messages on the Internet.
0 Ratings
itsmee
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Their claim that BT SPORT is 'FREE' is not true

i have had BTsport including HD since launch day and am not paying a penny more than i was when i got my youview box almost a year ago...am i missing something....obviously a lot of people are having problems but when it works its a great product (i think)...and as far as i am concerned it is free, whether it stays that way in the future who knows...

0 Ratings