cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulfaustin
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: Placed order for BT Sport on 31st July, still waiting!

Report your problem to the ASA - it is the only way you will get BT to move themselves.
0 Ratings
Suepeaa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

I have done as requested on Monday & still no reply, any chance somebody could contact me soon please about this????
0 Ratings
Hearts18741
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

I had problems too when I first signed up for this deal in mid July was told that in order to get the 'free HD' for at least a year ( as was stated in the advert) as long as I'd signed up before cut off date I'd get what I expected, phoned again to confirm on 31 July, ( just to make certain ) and was again told ' doesn't matter what your activation date is, I'd be o.k.' Phoned day after my activation date 7th August only to be told that as my activation date was after cut off date I'd not be getting free HD . I was livid and after talking to someone, ( no doubt being paid in Rupees) got so frustrated led to speak to their supervisor only to be told same thing, managed to keep my cool and not swear, ( although , god knows how I managed that? ) told them that under no circumstances was I prepared to pay a penny for HD and asked to raise a complaint, which I duly did, was told that they would have to listen to my many conversations to see exactly what I'd been told and I'd hear from them within 5 working days, true to their word, I did get a call back ( from a Brit this time ) and was told, ' they'd do me a favour and give me the free HD package ' told them you are not doing me a favour, you are giving me what I was told I'd get, by yourselves ! Anywho, if I hadn't kicked up such a stink, I'd be watching bt sport in SD . Got right result in the end up, but only after approx 6 hours stuck to the phone. With these incompetents . Another thing that came out of my final convo with BT was that BT Sports is initially only free for 1 year, surly this can't be right, advert clearly states, as long as you remain a broadband customer ( inc. renewal of contract after first year )BT Sports is free . Pretty sure they can't do this, isn't this a breach of contract ?
0 Ratings
Suepeaa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Finally after fed up with waiting since Saturday for the promised MOD to make contact with me, had a marathon phone session and speaking to 6 different people at BT today managed to get BT Sport, switched on, but guess what No HD channels whatsoever or extra channels, TV is just showing a message - these channels are only available in BT Infinity areas - Doh well guess what I have Infinity, called India yet again and apparently I'm not subscribed to them, yet my Entitlement deff says BT Sport SD & BT Sport HD, have done all the reboots etc umpteen times, so can anybody shed some light on this, seriously considered hanging myself or slitting my wrists a few times too, but decided BT are just not worth having a meltdown for, so could I just say why oh why do BT always manage to make everything so god dammed difficult !!!!
0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

@Hearts18741 wrote:
Another thing that came out of my final convo with BT was that BT Sports is initially only free for 1 year, surly this can't be right, advert clearly states, as long as you remain a broadband customer ( inc. renewal of contract after first year )BT Sports is free . Pretty sure they can't do this, isn't this a breach of contract ?

I think BT have many options to squeeze more money from you and still leave BTS as "free".

They may increase any of the following to offset keeping BTS "free"

1. Line rental

2. Cost of Broadband

3. Cost of BT Vision Package.

4. Cost of free calls package (forget what it's called)

5. Cost of calls.

Any/all of these may increase in price to offset the cost of BTS.

It's up to you to decide whether or not you wish to remain and negotiate whatever deal you can with BT.

Gone are the days of "loyalty" from either party, BT will increase the price if they can get away with it and customers will go elsewhere if the cost/quality of what they are offered does not suit them.

In a way it is a good thing that BT are trying to be competetitive with SKY because at least we will have an option to switch although when I joined vision it was just ESPN and "on demand", no extra channels or BTS or SS and I was happy with the lower cost of the BT service.

Since the new extra channels came along the amount/quality of programming in the "on demand" section has gone steadily down with very little now added on a weekly basis. This must be as a result of BT's change of direction.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 19

Suepeaa: When you say Entitlement, do you mean they're listed here?:

Help & Settings > Settings > Entitlement Information

0 Ratings
Suepeaa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Yes that correct, By the way I now have BT sport HD but no BBC 1, 2 ITV, C4 in HD, I didnt have any catch up either & kept getting an error msg, have managed to reset registration now, which the dammed box wouldnt do before. have had another long phone call to BT today, but frankly bored to the back teeth of BT this week!

0 Ratings
Hearts18741
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Think this is a deliberate ploy on the part of BT, it's to make you give up trying to talk to anyone, you'll be so frustrated that you'll hang up, as far as a ploy goes it no doubt works, for every person willing to go through the process there are probably another 10 who give up. Be interesting to see the figures involved in this, bet it would be interesting reading !
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 19

Try Help & Settings > Settings > CA Network Information and select Force Resynchronisation.

0 Ratings