Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JonathanE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Please help before I kill myself!!!

What do I have to do to get BT Sport on you view!!!

Over the last three weeks I have spent around 20 hours on the phone being batted between customer services and technical help and I am now starting to lose the will to live! Customer services say technical will sort my problem, technical help say that I should be seeing BT Sport in my you view guide, and there is nothing more they can do.

I'm at the end of my tether, I can watch on ipad/iphone but not on my BT supplied you view box via infinity. The footy starts Saturday the kids are wailing, even the cats left home and I'm now about to turn to drink......

Can sombody please offer some help?? please!!! please!!! please!!!!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
crysta
Message 2 of 14

Re: Please help before I kill myself!!!

Johnathon, I feel the same myself, think in 12 months I shall be considering cancelling everything with bt! Dreadful service.
0 Ratings
JonathanE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I have just had a call off a nice chap from BT who explained that he had found a fault! just to hear someone say this feels like a revelation, he seems to think that there is an issue at the green box in my area. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have been told so many lies by people working for BT that I too will be considering my position in October, although I'm loathed to give money to a man who's company listens in to dead childrens voicemail. In fact, thats pretty much the only reason I'm still with BT, I've championed them for many years but I'm afraid this latest problem has pushed me to the very edge.

I'm sorry to hear your having the same problems, you have my sympathy, such a frustrating situation and I think that BT should escalate any such problems after the third visit to the tech centre!

0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

From what i have learned from reading these forums Jonathan, just because an exchange becomes "infinity enabled", it takes longer for the individual cabinets to be brought up to date.

I have no prospect in the foreseable future of getting infinity, so its no HD for me for a while.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
thecatcher
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I have same problem, as do many others, I have broadband and thought my problem was speed as I get a pathetic 1Mb/s down wire when I know the line will support 5Mb/s which I got before switching to BT. However, if you're on Infinity I'm not so sure. I'm not an expert but think that BT do not have capacity to serve all customers.

Write to Warren Buckley, BT MD Customer Services, with copy to the Internet Service Providers Association, Ofcom  and national press as there is something seriously wrong with BT Sport that BT continue to promote as though there is no problem. I wrote to Buckley a week ago and have had no reply which is either an indication of the scale of the problem or that BT are not taking the problem seriously enough.

I have spent hours talking to two guys in Technical Support who took control of my PC so that they could see the problem, video stream never starts. The first rep said he could not solve problem but would seek assistance and call me back but never did. The second rep repeated same as first and said he could not fix and would call me back but didn't. I then received an email saying that BT tech support were working on it but I haven't heard anything. I am now preparing an exit to the contract which BT are failing to meet.

0 Ratings
bonsai
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

If you can't see the sports channels at 507-512 and the extra channels at 413 onwards in the guide then check the following

Go to Youview>Settings>System Information>Software versions and check the ISP Configuration.

It should be 29, if it is 28 the box is not configured for multicast channels and needs a software update which has to be initiated from the BT end.

0 Ratings
JonathanE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Well, another two days have gone by and still no joy from BT, no calls, no BT Sport, nothing!

Bonsai thank you for your reply, my isp config is 34 Smiley Frustrated

I only have until the end of next month before my broadband and infinity contracts are up. I could ring the technical line again but I've now lost any last shread of interest I had for BT Sport. I've always liked MOTD anyway and at least the BBC offer a service thats fit for purpose. Somthing BT obviously can't.

Shocking BT! 

0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

If you are properly registered for BT sport then you have 12 months left on your contract. Registering for Sport automatically triggers a new 12 month broadband contract if you have less than that to go.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
JonathanE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

That may well be the case, but being properly registered for BT Sport would include actually being able to use the product. Which I can't, which means the product is not fit for purpose, that in itself would negate any contract BT may have signed me up to. Thats before we even get started on being mis-sold a product, and the legal aspects this would bring into play.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

JonathanE  hi I will try and help you with this. If you look in your EPG guide on your youview box can you see btsport and what happens when you click ok to set it up?

Nigel

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings