cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Poor quality / resolution through BT TV Pro box

Go to solution

I’ve recently subscribed to the Big Sports package and have been using the BT TV and BT sports apps which have been great.

BT TV box pro has arrived today but the quality of the image on standard content is downright awful. Going back to the BT sports app built into my TV however and the image in fine.

why is there such a big difference in quality? I can’t even make out the numbers on the kit on BT sport 1 through the supplied box 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Poor quality / resolution through BT TV Pro box

Go to solution

Hi @OatyYtao 

Have you got the HD / UHD add on and trying to watch via a HD channel or is this via the standard definition channels?

I think (someone will be able to confirm) the app gives you HD by default, but you need the add on for this via the BTTV service.

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Wow is that true? If so that’s beyond silly. Why give me HD on app and SD on the box? I’m just not going to use the box if that’s the case 

—edit—

trying to watch SD comment on the box, it’s beyond terrible quality however. More like 480p than 576i

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

You definitely need to pay for HD: https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/hd-and-ultra-hd/what-channels-are-available-in-the-hd-extr...

However not sure what quality the app is by default. When I use the app I’m getting HD, but not sure if this is because I’m a VIP customer or if that’s just the default.

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

The bigger issue I’m having is how low quality the SD content is. Not being able to make our player numbers on shirts is pretty appalling. Don’t remember it being this poor on as previously.

Would be interesting to get confirmation on if the app is HD or not 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

The app will stream in the highest quality available but if you're watching via the Pro Box, you need to add the HD/Ultimate add on. The HD add on will give you HD on your non NowTV subscription channels and if you want HD on those, you also need to add the NowTV HD Boost bolt on. They come as a 2 for 1 deal.. You then get full 1080p and the picture quality is outstanding and BT Sport Ultimate HDR looks especially stunning. You'll also get Atmos sound where available on Ultimate and Ultimate HDR. 

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Does that not seem like quite a strange offering? Why would I use the box then if I get better quality from my TVs built in app? 

If this is the case, think I’ll stop using the box altogether as it really doesn’t add anything to the experience 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

It's called Maximising revenue... 

0 Ratings