cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Premier League to introduce real-time graphics and data into its broadcasts

Go to solution

Full article here: Premier League TV data revolution 

Television coverage of the Premier League could look very different later this season after the competition signed a deal to revolutionise its offering to fans.

The Premier League ’s technology partner Genius Sports have developed a skeletal tracking system which allows data to be relayed in real time. That means broadcasters like Sky Sports and BT Sport will be able to show viewers statistics like each player's running speed and shot velocity as the game unfolds.

Viewers won’t have to wait long for this new and enhanced experience either, with changes set to be rolled out later this season.

I thought this bit was interesting:

All Premier League games are broadcast with an eight-second delay – enough time for Sky and BT to add graphics to accompany the action.

I wonder if these new insights will be available regardless of how you access either set of sports channels?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Premier League to introduce real-time graphics and data into its broadcasts

Go to solution

@stereohaven Isn't this the same as what you can access on the BT Sport app. Maybe we will get the extra features already on the app.EG different angles and views etc. fingers crossed.. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
I hope there is an OFF setting for this.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Bluemoon1wrote:

@stereohaven Isn't this the same as what you can access on the BT Sport app. Maybe we will get the extra features already on the app.EG different angles and views etc. fingers crossed.. 

Looks like it will expand on that quite significantly, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
This is the latest enhancement to what we used to offer as "Hype mode" in the app, however we dropped that feature this season due to lack of use.
I can only assume it'll be used by the editors in the main feed for action replays. It won't be coming back as an app feature.