cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Premiership Rugby Cup coverage?

One match live per round (on Friday evening) and no highlights?  Or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup coverage?

Some of the BT Sport commentators and reporters, plus almost certainly production staff, are working for Amazon on the Saturdays and Sundays whilst the autumn internationals are being played.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Clearly some production and camera operators are needed to televise the games but we could certainly do without the commentators. Can never understand why 4 commentating staff are needed per game, most of the time they are talking twaddle and just saying what we can all see. The refs mic is far more relevant and informative but the commentators just talk over them.  Come on BT cut costs  by getting rid of the commentators and give us more coverage instead.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

If they can cover four matches on a Saturday which is the norm then there is capacity to cover a match on Saturday, two of the matches on the Sunday as well as having a match on the Monday evening as well as the Friday evening.  Have another Friday evening match and that is the whole round covered.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I would hope there would be more coverage of the competition when there are midweek games scheduled  In the later group rounds and KO stage.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

One point of mitigation is that it is the "Milk Cup" competition of the sport with teams packed with youngsters and other fringe squad members.

Anyway lots of internationals to watch (as) live this weekend.  I will probably watch four of them (as) live and the extended highlights of the other two not involving any of the home countries.  Not forgetting the women's international.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Well enjoy .

I found this

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/premiership-rugby-cup/#fixtures_&_results

useful to see when upcoming matches are currently scheduled in the cup competition.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Warning about that is that it updates with actual results as the fixtures are played which is why I avoid it over the weekend. I prefer the following site

https://www.wheresthematch.com/live-rugby-union-on-tv/

0 Ratings