cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Price Comparison for BT Sport and Multi-Room

Sorry for longish question.

Currently Have BT Broadband and Phone Line and watch BT Sport via Sky.

Have Sky Multi-room by having two Sky Boxes each in separate rooms, but only one has BT Sport loaded. Currently bills for both suppliers amount to over £150 per month. 

Questions

1. Can I get my current viewing cheaper?

2. Can I also get BT sport in both rooms without increasing cost and hopefully using Q1's answer more cheaply?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Price Comparison for BT Sport and Multi-Room

The first question is what else you watch.

BT TV is just the freeview channels and NowTV plus BT Sport. 

If you just want BT Sport and just the freeview channels, I believe it will cost you 

Broadband cost 

BT Sport £20

HD £5

Second Room £5

please note that the second box will either need to be connected via a cat5 cable or mini connectors which cost a one-off £10

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks this is sort of helpful but when you second box needs to be connected. What does it need to be connected to?

Also can anyone do a similar analysis to the "Look after my bills" site where the total package (Sky + BT + Netflix etc) can be assessed to get best price?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

with all the SKY deal on the go just now why don't you phone SKY and see what deal you can get and whether you need all the features/programs you currently receive  you may find it better to move to SKYQ with a wireless mini box

all personal information in not permitted on forum so cannot discuss your itemised bill

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

You’ll need to connect to an aerial for the freeview channels and to your router for BT Sport & NowTV. The connection to the router will need the mini connector or cat5 cable. 

As 
@imjolly says, it’s fairly easy to get a quote for sky & bt. However please note, that if you add BT TV to an existing bt broadband contract you may have to sign up to a new 24 month contract and annual price rises

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As others have said, it's approaching Black Friday, analyse exactly what you want and then go to both suppliers to get the best deal, bearing in mind any cancellation periods/costs.

With the current deals in place at Sky (ignoring any cancellation costs), the Father in Law has just secured the full TV experience on Sky Q (all channels including Cinema, Sky Sports, BT Sport*, box sets, Netflix, UHD & HD), multiroom (1 mini box), fibre broadband and anytime calls for £106 a month for 18 months. 

I think that is basically everything you can get pretty much as a core TV service whether you went via Sky or BT and includes broadband, so you should be working down from there price wise whichever supplier you choose.

*BT Sport 4K UHD is only available via BT TV or using the BT Sport app. If brought through Sky you can watch in HD only but on any box that is part of your multiroom package (up to 4 mini boxes, 2 at a time) + the Q box and via SkyGo.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings