cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Rebranding to TNT

Hi 

I am going to cancel BT sport when my minimum term runs out in Feb 24 after being told I couldnt leave before then, however I wondered if the upcoming rebranding in July 23 is a change to the terms and conditions that would allow me to leave earlier.

Any thoughts

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Rebranding to TNT

the T&C are the same just a change in  name

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

So I didnt mind giving my money to a British company but I get no say in the matter who gets my money now, or who buys out BT Sport, what if I object to my money going to an overseas company. As a paying customer I chose BT now I dont choose TNT or whoever owns them now.

Have I no option/choice of who gets my money. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Sigh, no content is changing, last time I checked BT were a british company too it's just a rebrand so no need for the rant about overseas etc

Message 5 of 15

BT Sport were bought by Warner Bros Discovery and renamed TNT, they are an American company which is an overseas  company last time I checked.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

@tmac11wrote:

BT Sport were bought by Warner Bros Discovery and renamed TNT, they are an American company which is an overseas  company last time I checked.

BT Sport were not bought by WB Discovery, BT have formed a joint venture which has seen you having access to the same content you subscribe to and now have more content free of charge with access to Discovery + app.

As previously mentioned, only the name is changing, you want to exit your contract then give your 30 days notice and pay the early termination fee or wait until your minimum term ends.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

I tried to do cancel and pay the termination charge 4 months ago by phone and was told because I am still in my minimum term I couldnt leave and the early termination fee didnt apply so I would have to wait until my contract ran out. 

Are you saying that was wrong information

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Yep, I’m thinking of cancelling my BT Sport but the termination fee is hefty but you can definitely do it. I agree thou, changing the name should be a reason to cancel for free😉

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

I couldn't get a refund on my tv licence when BBC1 became BBC ONE ??

It is a rebrand - not a closure. They happen all the time.  ITV recently became ITV1 - again.

Last year Premier Sports became Viaplay Sports - all the original sports are still there.

Even SKY was not originally called SKY.

@JAZZYBAZZYwrote:

Yep, I’m thinking of cancelling my BT Sport but the termination fee is hefty but you can definitely do it. I agree thou, changing the name should be a reason to cancel for free😉

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@ozsat hehem the original channel was called Sky Channel and was broadcast on either Eutelsat or Intelsat and was available on local cable tv networks that were mostly operated Rediffusion... We had this in the in 70's and in the 80's a man turned up and did something in a little box and then we had Sky Channel, Premier The Movie Channel, MTV and Screensport. 

Premier was great because they used to show films when they were still in the cinema.

Back to Sky though, the original parent company was Satellite Television Limited I believe but Murdoch was involved still 👌

0 Ratings