Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jimferno
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Recently changed TV package, lost BT Sport 4k

Go to solution

As the title states I recently rang an advisor to save some money on my monthly bill as I was out of contract. I changed all my services, mainly resubscribing to new 12-18 month contracts, and was told I would have all the same TV channels as I previously had.

I'm now on a Max HD package which states clearly in my account "All our premium entertainment channels including kids channels, HD channels and access to BT sport in 4K" but I now no longer have access to BT Sport 4K.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Recently changed TV package, lost BT Sport 4k

Go to solution

Ring up and ask to go back on Max 4K or if it's within 14 days you could ask to revert back, Max HD does not include access to the 4K Sports channel.

0 Ratings
jimferno
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

It clearly states in the description of my account that the Max HD packages is "All our premium entertainment channels including Kids channels, HD channels and access to BT sport in 4K"

I'm getting nowhere with the Indian online chat, I will call for a UK adviser on Monday and get it rectified.

Somewhat annoyed at not being able to watch boxing tonight in 4k, they even confirmed I had the UHD Youview box when making the initial change.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

PM me your account number and I'll add it on now.

Steve

Community ModeratorSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
NicolasS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I have had the same issue since renewed my contract in Jan.  I even sent screen shots showing the line "All our premium entertainment channels including Kids channels, HD channels and access to BT sport in 4K".  In the end they either told me that no one was available to talk or they cancelled the online chat.

They also tell me that i don't have a 4K box now!  I gave up in the end.

0 Ratings
jimferno
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
I can only suggest you ring them in working hours to speak to a customer service rep from the UK.
The online chat is awful and they aren't qualified to rectify issues like this, all they do is run you through basic troubleshooting and software updates/resets.

I'd have simply cancelled my contract and found another provider for my services if I had lost out on the 4K sports channel.
NicolasS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I’ll try and give them a call next week. Fear it maybe a bit too late now.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

See the message from the moderator saying if you PM them, they'll sort it out for you..

jimferno
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

My issues were rectified by the mod.

I'd suggest anyone with similar issues call a UK customer service rep or make their own thread.