cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Recording and watching Sky sports channels

I don't appear to be able to watch one Sky sports channel from Now TV (e.g. Sky F1) whilst recording another on the BT box (e.g. Sky cricket or main event) - is this correct?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recording and watching Sky sports channels

I assume you're on one of the new integrated BT TV - NowTV packages and you have one of the newer BT TV set-top boxes with multi-channel record capability?

If that's the case then all of your subscription channels should be included on the same EPG.

None of the online help pages or the new product launch material (from February/March) that I have found suggests that the Now TV channels perform any differently on the EPG, but they don't explicitly say you can view and record different Now TV channels simultaneously either.

You'll will need another new package subscriber to advise what functionality they have.  My Now TV is not (yet) integrated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it is one of the new integrated packages and a recordable BT box.  As you say there's not much info from BT at present. Thanks anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 6

@erictheelf  you should be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd in most circumstances. But you should definitely be able to record 1 sky sports channel and watch another through the EPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

@NigelB72wrote:

@erictheelf  you should be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd in most circumstances. But you should definitely be able to record 1 sky sports channel and watch another through the EPG

That's my belief @NigelB72 but I don't have first hand experience to back it up.

What would you say is the limiting factor - broadband speed/bandwidth?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Longshanks0511 Regina works. I've just recorded Sky Sports Premier League + Sky Sports Football and switched to bbc1 hd with no issues at all 

0 Ratings