cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Recording from Channel 4 family

Over the last few days I have had problems with recording tv from Channel 4 etc.
Does not record correct program 

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Recording from Channel 4 family

Can you give a specific example from the last week.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Made In Chelsea from Monday this week, recorded something else 

The Handmaids Tale from Sunday, did not record anything 

Thanks for your reply 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I think it could be that channel 4 have been having issues their side after the clock change as their listings were incorrect on freeview on sunday morning

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I’ve checked scheduled recordings on My TV, and it’s showing Handmade Britain as recording today. I’m wanting to record the Handmaids Tale on Sunday and this is not showing in scheduled recordings despite showing as recording on the guide?

Handmade Britain is showing as recording on the guide, but I have not set this up 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@alistairkippen  actually you did unknowingly request the Handmade :; Britain's Best Woodworker to be recorded.

The reason is that the same Series CRid is being used for the Handmade Woodworker programs as for the new series of the Handmaid's Tale. So you selecting series record for either of these programmes will i believe result in both sets of episodes being recorded. Also if you decide to cancel the  (series) recording of either you will cancel both.

So nothing to do with clock change but rather down to the (lack of ) management of the data supplied from Channel 4 or its distributor.   They need to use seperate Series CRids but they are not currently  -rather basic stuff and you would think they could/should be able to resolve quickly.

Message 7 of 7

@zulu17 

Thanks for that info as I saw Handmaid's Tale in my scheduled recordings so cancelled it and then last night the box failed to record the woodworking programme.

0 Ratings