cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heavy_Metal_Blue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Recording live Sports Events - missing the end of games

I was wondering why the Youview boxes are not smart enough to know that a program has not ended yet and continue the recordings?  This was case in point for me with the basketball season last year on BT Sport.  I would set the NBA/NCAA games to record and would end up missing the last 5/10 minutes of the game.

This was very frustrating especially if a game went to overtime!  To be safe I ended up recording the program after, which is silly and I should not have to do that!  I remember the old set up when you could extend the recording by 30 minutes to take care of these situations.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Recording live Sports Events - missing the end of games

With normal over the air TV this is controlled by the broadcaster e.g. BBC, ITV etc. Not sure how that works with streamed TV but would have thought it was technically possible just the same.

0 Ratings
Unkdamonk
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Just joined with exactly the same problem but different sport. I've missed the end of cycling races numerous times, very frustrating after watching the proceeding 2 hours.

This is an issue on the internet channels not BBC etc.

Virgin TiVo boxes recognise you are recording a live event and give you the option to add time eg plus one hour. Surely this wouldn't be too hard to add??
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 4 of 4

I've been recording the baseball playoffs, I just record the following programmes as a matter of course now.
0 Ratings