cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Recording unavailable

Hi, I recently recorded the repeats of Ever Decreasing Circles from GOLD, I tried to play one but get message - recording unavailable IPC6035, I have reset the box & router to no availe, other episodes seem to be OK just this one, any suggestions please.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Recording unavailable

Welcome to this user forum.

Perhaps the content has expired or been removed by the content provider?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jonboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Seems a bit strange as they were only recorded a couple of months ago, there are 18 in the series but only only one has this error...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Perhaps that one did not record properly?

0 Ratings
Jonboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Maybe, but there is no error or failed recording message..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

@Jonboi wrote:
Maybe, but there is no error or failed recording message..

In that case, it must have been removed by the content provider. This can happen if a particular episode had a time limit on it for some reason.

The BBC often do that on the iPlayer service. You can get episodes of a series, and one will only be shown once, while the rest will remain.

For example, tthe BBC did a series about the National Grid, a few years ago. But the final episode "pulling the plug" was removed from the iPlayer content, shortly afterwards, but the rest of the series remained. I think it was too political Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Jonboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

OK Thanks Keith, This was the episode about a farmer who stopped Howard & Hilda using a public footpath, it will probably be on again soon as they are repeated every few months...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

Recordings if successfully completed are on your YouView hard drive , upon play back of recordings off a BT subscription channel  a check would be made for a current subscription to that channel. 

That is a different to catch-up or on demand or rented  or bought programmes selected off a Youview player which typically will have date and time availability  restrictions at individual programme episode level.

0 Ratings
Jonboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

As I said  there is just a problem with one episode, I record quite a few things & nothing else has been affected, I have been a BT subscriber for a long time....

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 13

Hi,

Is the recording that is failing to playback with an IPC6035 error a recording from October 23?

Thanks
Gavin
Community ModeratorGavinL
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings