cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonboi
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Recording unavailable

Hi, I recently recorded the repeats of Ever Decreasing Circles from GOLD, I tried to play one but get message - recording unavailable IPC6035, I have reset the box & router to no availe, other episodes seem to be OK just this one, any suggestions please.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Recording unavailable

Welcome to this user forum.

Perhaps the content has expired or been removed by the content provider?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Jonboi
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Seems a bit strange as they were only recorded a couple of months ago, there are 18 in the series but only only one has this error...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Perhaps that one did not record properly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Jonboi
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Maybe, but there is no error or failed recording message..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@Jonboi wrote:
Maybe, but there is no error or failed recording message..

In that case, it must have been removed by the content provider. This can happen if a particular episode had a time limit on it for some reason.

The BBC often do that on the iPlayer service. You can get episodes of a series, and one will only be shown once, while the rest will remain.

For example, tthe BBC did a series about the National Grid, a few years ago. But the final episode "pulling the plug" was removed from the iPlayer content, shortly afterwards, but the rest of the series remained. I think it was too political Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Jonboi
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

OK Thanks Keith, This was the episode about a farmer who stopped Howard & Hilda using a public footpath, it will probably be on again soon as they are repeated every few months...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Recordings if successfully completed are on your YouView hard drive , upon play back of recordings off a BT subscription channel  a check would be made for a current subscription to that channel. 

That is a different to catch-up or on demand or rented  or bought programmes selected off a Youview player which typically will have date and time availability  restrictions at individual programme episode level.

0 Ratings
Jonboi
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

As I said  there is just a problem with one episode, I record quite a few things & nothing else has been affected, I have been a BT subscriber for a long time....

0 Ratings