Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Rectangular Box?

Go to solution

Can someone please enlighten me as to what the little rectangular box is indicating underneath BT Sport as in the image I've attached? There's nothing in the box just the outline as per image. _20180921_101725.JPGSeen on playback recording.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Rectangular Box?

Go to solution
Highlighted
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like but I suspect that the box contains subtle pixel changes that, while not visible to the naked eye, mark the image as coming from a particular device and / or subscriber.
0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Noticed this on BT Sport 1 hd during Man U v Newcastle, Looks like BT have now started showing some sort of number in the corner above the small rectangle outline. Consists of about 12 letters caps and lower case with two == at the end. Disappears after a few mins then reappears later on. Anyone else get this.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:
Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like but I suspect that the box contains subtle pixel changes that, while not visible to the naked eye, mark the image as coming from a particular device and / or subscriber.

Watermarks have been part of media for a long time, used to prevent piracy, certain shapes or logos are used to see if the stream is residential streaming on a business premises like a pub or club, Sky have a pint logo displayed.

So when the checks are done the people visiting the business can see what logo is displayed, then know if the stream is legal, if not the fines are hefty.

They were also common when film screeners were sent for reviews and were leaked online, the time, location and code would determine who shared the file.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
So a blank box must be residential?
0 Ratings