cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 37

SHORT RECORDINGS

Go to solution

I've been here before and have tried getting to speak with someone 150!!!

LOTS of our recordings are cut short and I was told this was the programme distributors, (their start/stop signals!) which sounded plausible yet all my time with Virgin it never happened!!

Currently loads of recordings stop short, so is it them, or BT?

Just watched (Film4) LeMans66 and again it stopped short, yesterday my partner wanted to watch (BBC1) Morning Live, and her recording stopped short. 
Its VERY frustrating when a facility doesn't work.

Can "anyone" shed any light???    PLEASE.   OR would someone from BT ring me, as I can't talk to them.  150 hold and wait!!!

Barry Turner   (Watford Herts)

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Re: SHORT RECORDINGS

Go to solution
Addendum; Previously. "Recordings finish early!" still not answered ....
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 37

Go to solution

Everything you mentioned is on freeview so will be down to the relevant btoadcaster & there accurate recording signals & not the fault of BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution

Hello Barry

thank you for your post today!

just so I understand, you watch tv on a BT TV Box and when you record a program it stops short?

can you please confirm the box for me that you use and the tv package you have? 

can you also confirm if the box still has available storage?

you might also find this link helpful: 

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/bt-tv-user-guides

Call on 0800 800 150 and talk to Tech TV & Sports available Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm, Saturday 8am - 8pm & Sunday 8am - 6pm

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 37

Go to solution
Thanks Gary but if that is the case, why are they all getting it wrong!!
Why aren't more people on here complaining of the same thing?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution

Hi Liam.

Thanks yes BT box less than a year old, still with recording time available.  It's the flat, rounded corner box, the same as the one in the pictures advertising same. BT Box Pro:   at  bt.com/tv

I'll try ringing.  0800 800 150 on Monday!!  but assume its exactly the same as 150 direct...      hold and hope!!!

I'd been with BT man and boy, (GPO,PO,BT, Accenture, BT) but when we moved here, there was nothing other than copper, so switched to Virgin Fibre;  until BT 'fibre to house' was installed and we switched back....

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution

Thanks for the extra information Barry 😀

how long as your Pro Box been doing this for? 

can you also confirm how many programs your trying to record at once and if they overlap with another?

Yes FTTP (Fibre To The Premise/Property) is gonna replace all copper by 2026, I still only have copper not fibre at any point and my speeds are 6mbps download and 0.45mbps uploads…. We do have virgin also, virgin is a very fast service not very reliable due to how many subscribers they have.

Not to sure about the 150 direct but the queues ain’t too bad first thing or after 7pm, normally go straight through to someone even if it’s not the department you need on 0800 800 150

Just need to determine if the pro box is faulty, if you are able to factory reset and retry still happening might be worth calling Tech TV & Sports they can replace the box if they can’t resolve the fault if still happening after factory reset.

please don’t reset the box if you’ll lose any shows you want to watch.

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution

The simple answer @BarryT33  is that there is no single cause to all the incidents . 
I would speculate that the issue with Morning Live on Friday 11th was down to the BBC . Normally Morning Live would end at 10am but BBC  seem to have given it a further 10 minutes so that the subsequent programming would allow for the two minute silence to be broadcast at precisely the right time. Only speculation but seems plausible.

Now if your BT Tv box software believes that it has not been able to record a complete recording then it will mark your recording as  either failed  or partial recorded  and will normally look to see if that programme is available to record  in the future and  schedule a recording.

So if you are not seeing that the Box software believes from the data and signals it has that the recordings have completed.  Now the Broadcasters have option to enable Accurate recording by sending precise signals or allow the programming timings to default to the EPG schedule times. The PSB broadcasters should provide the data/signals for accurate recordings in most cases. There do seem a few examples where they don’t .  From personal observations the BBC news when followed by weather or regional news programming is not  accurate.
There have in the past I believe been incidents on where the broadcasters have fallen back to a more basics feed on some transmitters which could affect the accuracy of recordings.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 37

Go to solution
Are you recording via the non-aerial method out of interest?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 37

Go to solution

I think this has been confirmed as a known issue currently on the Box Pro.

I've been getting it off and on for some time.

@DarrenDevshould be able to confirm the current state.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings