cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: SHORT RECORDINGS

Go to solution

Thanks @Caher   I  suspect that for  that example the IP mode BBC 1 local HD channel it is the broadcaster that is the issue.  For several weeks I used to record the local news ( London ) and that very often recorded  with the end of the national news at the beginning. So certainly accurate recording wasn’t occurring on that stream. 
The channels channels 1   SD  with local programming and 101  HD without local programming in aerial mode are not precisely the same as the Ip mode channel  1  HD with local programming so the experience can be different.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 37

Go to solution

Replying to my own queries just to bring it back to the top!!

It was six months, and now somewhat more and NOBODY from BT has come back with an answer and obviously many people are getting this same RECORDINGS CUT SHORT problem!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR and a frustrating watch of anything recorded; awaiting the inevitable recording finished early, message..

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

I have the same problem with a BT ProBox. We recorded “Unforgiven” ITV series, each of the episodes cuts off before the program ends.    Anything I need to do?  I am using the internet connection not the aerial. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution

John.

I unfortunately have no idea.  BT sent an engineer, he suggested changing the box, which was done, and the end result was that I lost my older recordings, and the short recording remains....

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

Still this continues.  The Pro Box is useless for recording. 

In the last few weeks been recording “Payback” and “The Long Shadow”.  Both ITV programs Every single episode stops recording early. 

I’m connected in IP mode.   

Have given up using the Box for BBC programs, thank goodness for IPlayer

Has anybody had any luck resolving this? 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution

For information

BT sent a new Pro Box . It’s the same model name RTIW 387 but is a different style/shape, is branded EE and so far so good.  Hadn’t missed the end of anything. 

Of course I have to return the old box so I lose a few recordings I’d rather have kept , shame there’s no way of transferring recordings. 

But it seems as if with the latest model the problem is fixed. 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

Hi again John.

We're still suffering short recordings and nobody from BT (as I’ve stated here before!) either reads these or bothers to try and sort!!  They certainly don’t reply!!

Recently we're also getting speech drop out where words are dropped, and I’m not sure this is just on recordings!

Perhaps I should ask for yet another box but specify an EE branded one!!

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution

I rang BT explained what was happening.  They immediately offered the replacement box. I didn’t hold out much hope but so far so good with the EE box

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

John et al.

Today I tried the route of getting the new EE box, although I should perhaps have used the phone!
I used the on line route and was told:-

Hello there, Good evening. You are connected to Nirmalya. Thank you for contacting BT Tech and I am extremely sorry for the wait time. I have found your query above and would like to inform you that the EE boxes have not been released yet. On 6th December, BT TV will be changed to EE TV post which we will start to distribute the EE boxes.

I’m now hoping that someone within BT registered my ongoing problem and sends a new EE box?  
I’ll not however hold my breath.  Today I tied watching Bill Bailey’s new travel prog and …you guessed it, it just stopped I have saved the whole text and will be writing t BT with copy...

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 37

Re: SHORT RECORDINGS. “STILL"

Go to solution

For anyone who is at all interested, I spent ages typing today and the guy re-set my set box remotely, and asked me if it had fixed the problem??

How do you tell if "short recording" has been fixed, (until the next time)???

Anyway suffice to say so far it hasn’t been, and asking for an EE Box (that had been successful for John),  was told they weren’t available until later this month, yet John had one October ish?

Whoever I “talk” to on-line asks all the same questions and provides no answers.

IS ANYONE FORM BT READING THIS??  
I worked for GPO/PO/BT, from school to retirement, shame I don’t have any strings to pull!

0 Ratings