cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haribo
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Setanta joins forces with BT Sport

http://www.iptv-news.com/2013/06/setanta-brings-bt-sport-channels-over-the-irish-sea/

This is brilliant news for Irish viewers. I would love access to this.

They should completely break Sky's dominance there now. I just hope, as some suspect, that more channels such as premier sports or box nation join BT Sports in the UK.. A racing channel would also be brilliant.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Haribo
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Setanta joins forces with BT Sport

Wow, just looked at another forum and apparently Steve Bunce has pretty much confirmed some kind of tie in between Bt Sports and Box Nation.

He apparently talked about getting a nice new studio. Maybe the BoxNation content is going onto the Bt Sports channels.

I am tickled pink anyway.

Just need Racing UK now.

0 Ratings
MEM
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Some motorsport would be nice.

F1 contract comes up soon. Maybe if BT wave enough money in front of Bernie he will ditch Sky as quickly as he dropped the BBC.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

@MEM wrote:

Some motorsport would be nice.

F1 contract comes up soon. Maybe if BT wave enough money in front of Bernie he will ditch Sky as quickly as he dropped the BBC.

There is exclusive coverage of Moto GP.

I don't know if BT would bid very aggresively for F1 but F1 teams do like to have the races shown free to air and Bt Sports is potentially much more accessible than sky sports F1. It is certainly "free" potentially for 6.3 million BT BB homes.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

What an idiot Steve Bunce is:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bigdaddybunce/status/349261264238813184

He was joking!Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 6 of 7

F1 teams are not happy at the moment with the way Sky shows F1 on limited platforms. Yes they would prefer FTA but will go with PPV but want it on as many platforms as it can but Sky only favours Apple ipads for the bells and whistles app. Sky is the only PPV provider of F1 that does not support wins 8 and Android large screen devices. So when it's up maybe BBC and BT will team up and take it from Sky (I wish) as they can't keep losing money and viewers like they are.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

@Paul1360 wrote:

F1 teams are not happy at the moment with the way Sky shows F1 on limited platforms. Yes they would prefer FTA but will go with PPV but want it on as many platforms as it can but Sky only favours Apple ipads for the bells and whistles app. Sky is the only PPV provider of F1 that does not support wins 8 and Android large screen devices. So when it's up maybe BBC and BT will team up and take it from Sky (I wish) as they can't keep losing money and viewers like they are.

iechyd da

Sky's coverage is certainly more complete than the BBC's but when it is limited to premium platforms there is a huge chunk of the country that F1 isn't fully reaching.

If BT got some exclusive F1 races that would really drive take up.

0 Ratings