Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RT27
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Should I have the 4k box?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I joined BT a couple of weeks ago with Entertainment Extra and the 150mbps fibre broadband. I was expecting to receive the 4k recordable box as Entertainment Extra was marketed as being the package needed for it, but BT have sent the standard HD box. Looking at my packages on the billing part of the website it says -

"Entertainment Extra

BT Sport, AMC and Freeview

Record up to 300 hours of TV on the 4K recordable TV box"

However having just spoken to customer services on the live chat they're saying my package is Entertainment Extra HD, now Entertainment Extra 4k, which clearly doesn't match what I can see. I can't see any reference to their being a difference on the website, nor any ability to upgrade from one to the other. Any assistance or advice is appreciated!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Should I have the 4k box?

Go to solution

They'll only put you on the 4k pack if your line speed is fast enough so I'd check that.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If your line is going to be that fast then yes, you should be getting the 4K service.

To have the 4K service your line needs to handle a minimum of 44mb and this is not based on your actual max speed, but the minimum the line can safely handle.

For example, my line sits at between 43 - 45mb every day (weirdly it has reset to 47mb this morning!), but I cannot order 4K because my minimum line speed is more like 33mb.

Check your line speed here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @RT27 welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  Sorry about that you should have been supplied with the UHD 4k Youview box with the Entertainment Extra plan. I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team if you need any help getting this sorted. 

0 Ratings
RT27
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the response. I've actually just spoken to Customer Services on the phone again and I think it's all sorted now. Appreciate you (and otherso thers) the time to respond!

Cheers.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know @RT27. Appreciate you taking time to do that.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings