cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray123
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Silverlight 5

Had the following from BT, does anyone have instructions on how to do this? BTSport online requires Microsoft Silverlight, not necessarily Silverlight 5, in order to function and stream the video content correctly, Microsoft have recently updated it's own Silverlight software to version 5.
BT have no control over what Microsoft do with their own software, like many online content streaming providers BT are reliant on third party software to enable a wider customer network.
The conflict between Windows 64 bit and the newer version of silverlight is a known issue with Microsoft where any fonts within the windows sofware that contain an ampersand (&)  in their title are causing a conflict with silverlight.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Silverlight 5

You can see & manage what Fonts you have installed by going into Control Panel 

for example on Windows 7 - Control Panel > appearances & Presentation > Fonts

or just open Control Panel and type Fonts in search box.

0 Ratings
Popeye13
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Silverlight is the biggest pile of junk ever made. Surely there has to be a bettr option than Silverlight for DRM support in playback? Its jerky and not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

@Popeye13 wrote:

Silverlight is the biggest pile of junk ever made. Surely there has to be a bettr option than Silverlight for DRM support in playback? Its jerky and not fit for purpose.

Yeh right. SkyGo uses Silverlight. I experience no jerkiness with either SkyGo or BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Ray123
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

How do I find the specific ones they mention and then what do I do? I do not want to delete anything I should not. I can not see why bt can not just provide instructions on how to do this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Ray ,

Well you can look thorugh the names of the fonts and see if any of the names have an & in the title. For example on my 64 bit Win 7 PC I have 217 fonts ranging from ABSALOM  Regular to Wingdings Regular and none of them have an & in the title.  So I suggest you just check your font names - and if as is very likely there are none with an & in the title you can dismiss that solution you have been given.

0 Ratings