Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 17

Sky Sport bonus stream via NOW TV

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know about a new feature that will be available, at times, through the NOW TV app.  This new feature will allow you to access the bonus, live sport, streams which let you toggle between screens, instead of watching them screen-in-screen.  This feature will only be available via the NOW TV app and will not be available via your EPG (Electronic program guide).

What are NOW TV extra streams?

In partnership with NOW TV, customers who take a Sky Sports Monthly Pass now have access to additional live sports streams. These will show when there's more than one sporting event scheduled for the NOW TV Sky Sports channel.

Who can access the bonus streams?

If you are a monthly Sky Sports pass customer watching on NOW TV via BT TV, you will be able to watch extra streams when two matches are on at the same time.

When there’s an extra game on, you’ll be able to find the bonus streams on NOW TV app homepage. You won’t see it as an option if there are no extra streams on or if you are not eligible.  This service is currently available to Monthly Sky Sports pass customers watching on the NOW TV app through YouView, Samsung, LG, Xbox One or PS4 device.

This service is not available to Day, Week or Mobile Sky Sports pass customers.

How do I access the extra streams?

The streams will be available within the NOW TV app via BT TV. They'll only show when there's live content available and will be hidden after. The streams aren't available to watch via mobile yet – although this will be coming shortly.

NowTV bonus.jpg

To all F1 fans out there, bonus streams will be available for this weekends Austrian Grand Prix.  From the bonus stream, you will access Race Control, giving you access to onboard driver feeds, a mixed feed, driver tracker and live timings.

Cheers

Sean

16 REPLIES 16
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: Sky Sport bonus stream via NOW TV

Watched or started to watch the bonus streams for the Nations League games over the past few days. To be honest I finding it a bit of a hard watch following the football on both the Now TV (Youview) and Now Tv (Samsung  Tv) - Are others experiencing issues ? Is the bonus stream a low framerate ?

Also experienced several instance of buffering on the Sweden v france game bonus stream tonight  when viewing the stream on Now Tv (Youview) app , since switching over to the  the Now Tv (Samsung Tv) app for the game I have not yet experienced buffering.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 3 of 17

Hi @zulu17 just tried on my Samsung TV. E.g. Portugal v Croatia playing no problem. What are problems are you seeing?

Stew

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 4 of 17

Also getting problems, periodic disconnects, picture quality variable and not presented in 1080p/50fps either.  Broadband is fine over 70Mbps.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 5 of 17

Tried Now TV thorough the Youview Box, again no problem. Is this problem regional based?

Stew

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 6 of 17

Well spoke too soon. Rotating dots followed by “ sorry, something went wrong. Please go back and try again” 

Stew

Vik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

so to watch the football on the red button during the nations league i need to use the nowtv app on my youview box and access it from there?

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 17

@Vik  The devices that the bonus streams are available on are listed in the original announcement.

So for example this morning if I look at the Now Tv app on my Youview (BT TV ) Box I see there are 14 Bonus streams  today . 8 of these are for the Italian Grand Prix from 2:05pm and 6 are for UEFA Nations League games  at various start times 2pm , 5pm  and 7:45pm,

minor observation .. the tiles for the bonus feeds don’t specify am or pm

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 17

There is also now Sport On Demand available by the Now Tv App

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/Sport-On-Demand-is-here/td-p/539781

Content is there but from a very brief look this evening you might struggle to find it.

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 10 of 17

There's all sorts of things going on at the moment, rumours of new NOWTV apps for connected platforms imminently arriving. 

The Sports on demand content can at present be watched on Connected Devices before these apps are updated by seeding the watch queue. This is done by selecting the programme wanted on a mobile device (such as an iPad) it will then appear on the watch queue on your connected device. It can then be started from there. Annoyingly PIN number entry seems to be required to view all catchup content at present. 

Also at present the content is not presented in 'Boost' format at 1080p/50fps. 

0 Ratings