Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 7

Sky Sports Extra SD and HD missing Premier League match

Can someone urgently check what is happening with the coverage of today’s premier league match which should be on Sky Sports Extra  Sd and HD .

although showing as scheduled on the BT TV app with programming from noon record cannot be set as the Youview EPG does not have the programmes scheduled in its EPG or in its Youview app.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sky Sports Extra SD and HD missing Premier League match

Hi @zulu17 ,

Thanks for raising this. I'm really sorry if it causes any inconvenience. I'll asked the question and will get back to you as soon as I have a reply.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Robin67
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I wondered the same thing so I checked the Sky Sports schedule

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/premier-league

Turns out they're showing the Bournemouth v Spurs game on Sky Sports Premier League  but not on Sky Sports Main Event  which means it isn't included in the BT Sports + Sky package.

First time I've seen this happen and it's not great.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

The issue does not relate to the Sky Sports Main Event . the Bournemouth v Tottenham game was scheduled for the Sky Sports Extra  (SD /HD ) channel. the BT TV app TV  app guide clearly was showing this in the schedule for Sky Sports Extra  416 and Sky Sports Extra HD 438. 

@Robin67  Sky Sports Extra brings you the rest of the live Premier League games available on Sky Sports , which are not available through Sky Sports Main Event. 

So there are at least two issues here .. one the inaccuracy of the EPG on Youview box and app  as it did not list the programme as being on the guide , which meant that my desire to set the recording remotely using the BT TV app could not work.

Secondly I believe the match was actually broadcast on the Sky Sports Extra HD channel  438 although the prematch  buildup and kickoff was missed as coverage appears to have begun after 59 seconds of play so probably from about 12:31pm real time. So there is a broadcast transmission issue as well.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 7

Makes a mockery of the promises/marketing to show all the Premiership games between the two channels.

And to pay £30 for the privilidge!

Stew

PS still not had an answer to this question!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @zulu17 ,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry if this caused any problems for you. I can appreciate how it might have done. I've reported this back to the BTTV guys. I know it's a bit late in the day but hopefully we won't see a repeat of the problem going forward.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

So @DavidM it may have caused a problem, but BT customers still don’t have full use of Sky Sports on BT TV, but still pay full price? 

Stew

0 Ratings