Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Sky Sports HD

Go to solution

Afternoon,

im thinking of changing from sky to BT.

im contemplating getting the big sport package and the HD add on.

will all my to channels including BT sport and Sky sports be in HD?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Sky Sports HD

Go to solution

Yes.

All sky sports, sky cinema and sky entertainment are in HD. Including the on demand as well. 

Dolby surround sound is also available in 5.1. (Pro box outputs as dolby digital +) 

Sky sports box office and bt sport box office are also in HD. 

BT sport is in HD too, and bt sport ultimate is in 4k with dolby atmos.

Picture quality is very good as its Internet streamed so bandwidth is not really an issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Also my box is set to 1080p, according to nowtv website it states hd is full 1080p at 50fps.

Which is better than the original sky+ HD which I believe is 1080i.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Sky Sports on NowTV with the HD Boost is full 1080p and the picture quality is fantastic. If you want HD/UHD BT Sport as well, you'll need to add the BT Sport HD upgrade. It shows as £5 each but you only get charged £5 for both

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@NigelB72 

I think they've changed the ordering process. You now only need to select the one HD add-on. This will then appear as 2 add-ons in your  order (4K Ultra HD Add on and NOW Boost) and 2 add-ons in your add-ons list (BT TV Ultra HD and NOW boost). I did this myself a few weeks ago.

Still £5!

Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@BillyM ahh ok that's good to hear 👌

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@BillyM Hi Billy, I'm confused. I have HD extra  add-on for £5, but I do not get UHD?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@scharter 

Biohazard gave a a good summary earlier. This matches what is on the BT order page:

• Your NOW Membership in Full HD, with Surround Sound and watch on demand ad-free, with NOW Boost
  • BT Sport in full HD and BT Sport app in HDR (if you’ve added BT Sport)
  • If you’ve added BT Sport, you’ll also get access to our dedicated 4K UHD channel, BT Sport Ultimate (4K TV, 4K TV box and 44 Mb broadband required)
  • AMC in full HD

So from a sports perspective, with BIG Sport + HD add-on you get BT Sports in HD + the BT Sport 4K UHD channel.  NOW Sports will be in HD - it is not available in UHD. Eurosport will be in HD - it is not available in UHD.

In summary, to get Sky sports channels in UHD you need to stick with the Sky platform. To get BT Sports in UHD you need to switch to BT. No way to get everything in UHD on the one platform I'm afraid.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@BillyM  @biohazardx9 

Ok thanks.  I seem to be missing something here.

I had BT Big Sport, HD add-on and Pro Box.  But if I try to view BT sport Utlimate, it tells me to update my package.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@scharter 

If I were you I would: double check the order confirmation email you received from BT; check that you have NOW Boost (easiest way is to go into the My Account section of the NOW app and look at Memberships); check the MyTv section of the BT website (see below).

I have Big Sport with HD add-on and various other add-ons. I'll walk-through what I can see in MyTv if that helps:

- On the BT website, go into MyBT.

- Then selectYour products

- TV and Sport click Manage.

- In the list of Your Monthly Add-ons  I can see BT TV Ultra HD, NOW Boost, (+ Amazon, NOW Entertainment and the others  I've added on).

You may be able to add the BT TV Ultra HD package yourself, if it's more complicated you may need to call BT.

0 Ratings