cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenny_67
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Sky Sports - Sun 13th May 2018

With Sky Sports showing 3 premier league games at the same time on Sunday what are bt doing about it? 1 on Sky Sports Main Event, 1 on Sky Sports Extra and how can I watch the 3rd?! BT promised that all Premier League matches on Sky will be available through these 2 channels so I will be very angry if I cannot have access to all 3 matches this Sunday!
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky Sports - Sun 13th May 2018

You anger should be directed at Sky for pulling a fast one with their reorganisation of their channel line up.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 9

Manchester City v Southampton is on Sky Sports Premier League - red button.

It looks like the promises made by BT when the new packages were agreed that BT customers will be able to see all the Prmiership games shown on Sky Sports has now fallen down.

“BT TV customers will also get Sky Sports Extra showing the rest of the live Premier League games available on Sky Sports.”

link to help pages

Stew

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

I agree that if Sky are televising live a third Premier League game then it should be made available.

Guru
Message 5 of 9

Hmmmmm......no Mod intervention. It’s looking like “tough luck, nothing to do with BT!”

I said when when Sky Sports 1 & 2 was replaced, we had been sold a pup. Looks like it’s true. I pay BT for Sky Sports and can’t watch what was advertised.

Stew

Highlighted
mccallud
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Hi have to agree Stew I was actually surprised Sky Sport Main Event showed 1 game and for maybe the 2nd time all season Sky Sports Extra channel was used for a 2nd game . Roll on 2019 when Sky Sports deal is sorted with BT !

Does anyone know how this will work ? For example could I Get Sky Sports Main Event + Sky Sports Football Channels ?

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

It’s likely you’ll have to take all or nothing as you do with Nowtv rather than the pick and mix option existing sky customers get. I believe Virgin and talk talk also don’t let you cherry pick your sky channels. I’m interested to see if the channels appear in the guide as normal channels (like nowtv channels do on EE I hear) or is it going to be the NowTV app only to watch them. Obviously the first would hopefully allow some sort of recording option.
0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

When I refer to cherry picking sky channels to clarify I’m referring to the sports channels such as SS football/Cricket etc
0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

@benwiddowsonwrote:
It’s likely you’ll have to take all or nothing as you do with Nowtv rather than the pick and mix option existing sky customers get. I believe Virgin and talk talk also don’t let you cherry pick your sky channels. I’m interested to see if the channels appear in the guide as normal channels (like nowtv channels do on EE I hear) or is it going to be the NowTV app only to watch them. Obviously the first would hopefully allow some sort of recording option.

Now TV sent me a link to a survey the other day where I was asked to comment on proposed new passes and options. It included separate passes for each of the separate sports channels, including a combined football one for the Premier League channel and the Football channel. They also suggested that they are considering offering a full HD bolt-on at £5 month, which would apply to all services you had active passes for. In the free-format comments box at the end, I said that I would rather see an improvement to 50 fps for live sport first rather than 1080P at 25fps.

0 Ratings